Will we make the playoffs this year?

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I voted yes, not really sure though.

Too many injuries, too inconsistent.

My heart said yes, my head said no!

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Playoffs? You want to talk playoffs? I just want them to WIN a damn game.

5 losses in a row and counting FFS!!!

CreeksideStrangler

Feb 9, 2011
Toronto, ON
Playoffs? You want to talk playoffs? I just want them to WIN a damn game.

5 losses in a row and counting FFS!!!

Best time to do the poll imho. Just past the quarter mark. They have the next 20 games to turn it around. If they are doing poorly by that mark the season is over

Babscocks

Jan 7, 2011
Edmonton
I voted no, I know we started the year with a great record. Truth is we haven't played consistent good hockey for a full 60 minutes, our goalies were winning us games earlier in the year. Being outplayed/outshot and injured caught up to us.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Sadly, they missed playoff by a nose IMO, I like what Nonis has done thus far, but there's lots still to do. I also think the Leafs roster is like ketchup and ice cream, individually their great, but together........not so much. I don't know why, but hope this team gels before i's too late.

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
It depends. Will Carlyle be fired within the next month? If yes, then I think they probably will. If not, then no, not even close. Judging by the incompetence in management that has always plagued this franchise, I don't think Carlyle will be going anywhere, anytime soon. So no, they will not make the playoffs.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
It would be a complete disaster if they can't make the playoffs in the east.

On November 29, 2008, Burke was introduced as the president and general manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs, replacing

"I'm not interested ... in a five-year rebuild like some of these teams have done," said Burke. "Maybe because of my age, maybe just because I know it doesn't have to be five years because it wasn't in Anaheim..."

leafstilldeath*

Ignoring my mind and going with my heart for this

YES we will make the playoffs.

Mar 26, 2010
Not a chance. They will be out of the playoff picture come January.

I see the team finishing 11th-12th in the East.

BlueBomber76

Mar 14, 2009
M-City
www.thequits.com
If a coaching change is not made, then "No".

Carlyle seems to lose the bench in games when the chips start to fall.

Prime example, last game of the playoffs last year and he did not call a timeout to settle the team down and get them focused or our last game against Pittsburgh.

He doesn't know how to handle intense situations. He needs to go.

Do it now before the season is truly lost. Only problem is the most likely replacement mid season would be The Great One. He and Leiweke have a relationship and what better way to make a bang then to bring the biggest name in hockey in to coach the biggest team in the league.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I don't know...I feel like we have a decent chance if we turn it around but whether we will or not is up in the air. Have good top scorers, but health has been questionable, the pk has slipped, and the fourth line is just a risk to ever send out on the ice. Defence has been an adventure as well.

We're still in the race if we turn it around and play decently, but we've got to start playing decently.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
We're right on the bubble. If we can stay healthy for a good stretch of games we'll take one of the wild card spots. If we continue to take suspensions and have key guys lost due to injuries we'll miss.

n1ck13

Jul 28, 2013
I voted yes. However, there is a caveat to that selection. Expecting the team to stay healthy the rest of the way is probably dreaming, but the call-ups need to be handled better. When a wing goes down, I would much rather see Leivo summoned than Ashton. Down the middle, while Bolland is gone, keep playing Trevor Smith. Stop looking at guys like Jerred Smithson to fix the problem. Even though Smith doesn't mesh well on the bottom six, he doesn't make it worse. A guy like Smithson makes it worse.

Polk High

Sep 9, 2009
Yes they'll make it in. The team is in a slump, compounded by multiple injuries to key players. Follow that with a couple of really lopsided examples of reffereeing and things seem a lot worse than I think they are.

CreeksideStrangler

Feb 9, 2011
Toronto, ON
Yes they'll make it in. The team is in a slump, compounded by multiple injuries to key players. Follow that with a couple of really lopsided examples of reffereeing and things seem a lot worse than I think they are.

You are right :sarcasm: . The 50 SA will eventually stop right? Even while winning we had a crazy amount of shots against us. I just think our goalies are falling back to earth.

thunderhawk905*

I'm thinking we have to slug it out for the #2 wild card.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad