Will we make the playoffs this year?

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

Yes we will make it. I will keep the faith until the last game until we officially make it or are eliminated.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
djx8erL.gif

I honestly don't know. This team is continual injured and inconsistent. I want to say yes, but at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they missed. They really need to pick up their compete level if they want to be a playoff team.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I thought Leafs would be battling for a wild card spot before the season began and will be doing that now and at the end.

Boston and Detroit being the class of the Div and Sens, Leafs Habs etc battling it out to get in.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
i think we're better than the 8 teams currently below us.

however, losing Bolland and Lupul are really hurting us. I think we're significantly better with them.

if any more of our key players go down, our team doesn't look so good.

also, if we keep losing and carlyle refuses to change strategies... we're gonna have a tough time.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
we will sneak in if we do something to rectify our current on-going blunder. if nothing is done to rectify our current problems (meaning just riding the month out), we will miss the playoffs. no doubt.

cheeeko

Sep 20, 2012
Halifax, NS
Voted no.

Unless something changes drastically, I don't see it. I hope to god I'm wrong obviously, but the way the team is playing(especially the defence) doesn't seem like an anomaly. It's just not good enough.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
We will make the playoffs, no question in my mind. Carlyle and Nonis will ensure it.

yakfish

"Holy Mackinaw!"
Dec 21, 2012
Ohio
The results of this poll will always be skewed based on how the Leafs last game turned out. No matter what point in the season its posted as the long as the outcome is mathematically possible.:shakehead

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
No. Not enough compete, not enough heart.

The Leafs would be bottom 5 in the NHL if it weren't for the collective efforts of Bernier and Reimer.

I called we would miss the playoffs at the beginning of the season and Leafs haven't given me any reason to think otherwise.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I'm going to be the smartass that says we already made the playoffs in this calender 2013 year.

Will we make the playoffs this season is another question

:p:

I think yeah we probably will, a tough stretch he doesn't change my mind, all teams go through them, we'll get it together eventually and have the advantage of being in the putrid conference where you can go on a million game losing streak and still be in the top half :laugh:

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
No, and even if they do, they'll probably have an even more embarrassing 1st round exit than last year. Can't see this team beating anyone in the current top 8 east, even Montreal would destroy the Leafs at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad