GWT: EPL - Matchweek 36 (ft. MW 26)

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yup, he's only missed games due to suspension or for being rested.
I see him missing one due to an illness in 2022, which I suppose could be counted under injury but feels a lot different.

Either way, that would amount to 2 games over 4.5 season when he plays an absolutely insane number of minutes/matches all comps every year.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I see him missing one due to an illness in 2022, which I suppose could be counted under injury but feels a lot different.

Either way, that would amount to 2 games over 4.5 season when he plays an absolutely insane number of minutes/matches all comps every year.
While consistently recording the most distance covered in matches of United players, IIRC.

Reactions: luiginb

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
If you mean United in general we're past starting. If you mean Bruno specifically this will be the first United game he's ever missed due to injury.

Yeah, I know, I meant Bruno especially. It was kind of joke, I know he has been very healthy, that's why I said starting (one can hope)...

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Man Utd have looked very poor with the ball going forward. Forced to pass the ball back to CBs and Onana who then proceed to punt hopeless long balls upfield. Should use the flanks more.

Casemiro and Evans must be one of the slowest pairs of players in history playing the CB position.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Keepers almost always get those calls, but Hojlund is 100% jumping for the ball and it's never a foul elsewhere on the pitch.

But yea, if a keeper is jumped for it you basically can't touch him.

Reactions: erikhamren

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Keepers almost always get those calls, but Hojlund is 100% jumping for the ball and it's never a foul elsewhere on the pitch.

But yea, if a keeper is jumped for it you basically can't touch him.
Remember how De Gea was constantly abused in those situations and almost always got no protection? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Casemiro is just so incredibly lazy. I'm not sure I've ever seen a player exemplify "just cashing a paycheck" more than he has in the last half of this season.
1715024302137.jpeg

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Crystal Palace would be in the running for UECL spots at the minimum if they could keep Eze and Olise healthy at the same time as each other all season. They are a completely different team when they have both at 100%. Especially without Roy Hodgson

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Yeah, nominal defending by Evans, and then it was left to slow Eriksen to be the player trying to chase back Mateta.

Man Utd have a ton of injuries, but they're not playing to strenghts of the players they have on the pitch today. Too high a line, leaving too much space for Palace players to run into.

Reactions: luiginb

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yeah, nominal defending by Evans, and then it was left to slow Eriksen to be the player trying to chase back Mateta.

Man Utd have a ton of injuries, but they're not playing to strenghts of the players they have on the pitch today. Too high a line, leaving too much space for Palace players to run into.
United also can't string more than a few passes together in a row before giving the ball away. Such sloppy passing. I think there was a stat at one point of the season where United had the most giveaways in the offensive 3rd.

Reactions: gary69

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

ETH isn't a good enough manager to adjust anything for the players they have healthy. He can barely make them play the way he wants when they're healthy. When there's a bunch of injuries he's totally lost.

Like I get that Casemiro/Evans is not a starting CB pair that *anyone* wants, but it's what they have now, so maybe don't have Casemiro lunging into tackles he's not close to near midfield leaving Evans to run backwards against Palace players who are pretty quick.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Crystal Palace would be in the running for UECL spots at the minimum if they could keep Eze and Olise healthy at the same time as each other all season. They are a completely different team when they have both at 100%. Especially without Roy Hodgson
It's absolutely a different level team since those ugly winter days. Everything is clicking right now (solid adds in the January transfer window too) but unfortunately I doubt both Eze and Olise are with the team when the next season starts. If they can keep all the key guys in the summer then anything but a top half finish next season has to be considered as a disappointment.

Reactions: Savant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad