Will the NHL ever see a female head coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Exactly one side doesn't respect the other's opinion meanwhile GMs around the league respect our opinion as well and they want to have the best coaches possible for their teams. Just label everyone who disagrees with your opinion.
It would be difficult to elaborate further on the issue here without drawing the thread off topic, so I'll just point out that some of those particular labels have specific definitions attached to them, and just because there's immature whiny nitwits out there who like to jump to conclusions w/r/t applying them doesn't mean they're inherently meaningless.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
The point is that if you have to go there, you already are. It's just a question of whether or not you can channel it productively.

Hockey is a very aggressive sport. If there happens to be a woman who can command a room of 30 guys dripping with testosterone good on her. I remain skeptical.

Last edited by a moderator:

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Exactly one side doesn't respect the other's opinion meanwhile GMs around the league respect our opinion as well and they want to have the best coaches possible for their teams.

Not so sure about considering the same 40 or so coaches are switching from team to team and new additions are really rare. Also, I doubt that literally all great hockey coaches are born in only two countries.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Not so sure about considering the same 40 or so coaches are switching from team to team and new additions are really rare. Also, I doubt that literally all great hockey coaches are born in only two countries.
It isn't just the NHL there is the AHL, KHL, SHL, Liiga, and several other hockey leagues around the world this isn't simply just the NHL.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I think female management jobs will come first. GM, assistant GM, head of scouting etc.

Women coaching and playing in the NHL may take a very long time/require a very special person. There are uncomfortable truths around what I see as necessary aggression and confrontational traits being skewed towards males, particularly so at the extremes.

I think as we bring more women into management the idea of a female coach will be less taboo, and lower level men's leagues may give a few a chance.

If they are successful there, then I imagine some NHL team will bring them in to work through the ranks.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
It isn't just the NHL there is the AHL, KHL, SHL, Liiga, and several other hockey leagues around the world this isn't simply just the NHL.

True, I am just saying that NHL GMs tend to go with the safe choices, i.e. coaches who have already coached in the NHL.

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
It's pretty passive aggressive and condescending to call people "hon" when you're having a conversation. How would you like it if I prefaced everything with "sweetie".

Hockey is a very aggressive sport. If there happens to be a woman who can command a room of 30 guys dripping with testosterone good on her. I remain skeptical.

Exactly.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Better on ice results.
There's no freebies in pro sports.
upload_2021-6-12_15-58-37.gif

Reactions: SoupNazi

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Western feminism is such a strange movement. Instead of a movement meant to represent all women, it often centers on those who already have most of their needs met.

I feel so sorry for the day professional Hockey players have a Woman as a coach.

Oh wait we can't say that or joke about that apparently because Women belong with Men everywhere :laugh:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad