Speculation: Will Reimer be considered Infamous in the future?

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
In 15 years they will have a Saturday night pre-game ceremony in his honour of his accomplishment at the ACC. He will be feted along with Vesa Toskala and Andrew Raycroft.

Dugath

Jan 9, 2014
LOL.

Sure does not take long for people to turn on a player.
Last year he was Optimus Reim..and now... shrug..

In reality there usually is no middle ground when it comes to fans and players.

Either the player is great.. or they suck.
A player can not have any bad games or a down year.. or else... ;)

I am no Reimer fan but people are being a tad hard on him.
Yes he is not playing that great right now. He must be walking on egg shells.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

No. People will forget about him not long after he leaves.

Anyway, it's not his fault our defense sucks. He's a problem but he's not hte only one.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
I realize that we have some of the worst defense in the league but the goals he's been giving up lately are all on him. Also his glove is being exposed pretty badly, it's just not NHL level talent.

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
I believe talent and more importantly character will always prevail....and Reimer has both. When all is said and done, James will be remembered for a fine career, more than just OK. Hopefully some more of that career will be in Toronto, but if not it will be somewhere else in the NHL. I think Bernier has out performed him this year, but good teams need at least 2 solid goalies. I fault Carlyle for mishandling this situation (if indeed, Reimer is on his way out of Toronto)

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
He's 110% the reason for the team stumbling. I mean who can you blame for a team scoring 2.3 goals/game over the last 10 games? The skaters? Maybe if he could score a few goals every game, he wouldn't have to make as many saves.

Reimer isn't stealing games, but he's not squandering them either. It's a little disappointing how quickly people have turned on him just because he isn't posting the <2.00 GAA needed to give this team a chance to win.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I still can't bring myself to watch highlights of that game

I still haven't watched the goal that the Bruins scored in OT to win.

I knew when they tied it up that they were going to win. Too much momentum shifted the other way.

marquee

Apr 7, 2011
In 15 years they will have a Saturday night pre-game ceremony in his honour of his accomplishment at the ACC. He will be feted along with Vesa Toskala and Andrew Raycroft.

A good year consists of 35 games? I beg to differ.

marquee

Apr 7, 2011
He's 110% the reason for the team stumbling. I mean who can you blame for a team scoring 2.3 goals/game over the last 10 games? The skaters? Maybe if he could score a few goals every game, he wouldn't have to make as many saves.

Reimer isn't stealing games, but he's not squandering them either. It's a little disappointing how quickly people have turned on him just because he isn't posting the <2.00 GAA needed to give this team a chance to win.
When has he posted a sub 2.00 gaa in any season? This guy is almost an urban legend in toronto

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
Only truly dumb fans will regard him that way.

He'll be a very good goalie somewhere else. Leafs Nation loves to blame one guy and forget that this team has massive issues elsewhere.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
Maybe because I'm more of an outsider and have a different perspective... but it's almost unbelievable to me that many are blaming Reimer for this season, not to mention forgetting how good he was last season. Certainly wasn't his fault the Leafs lost last season, and this team's problems go much further than Bernier being injured for a month.

Point to the defence and defensive coverage as the reason for this team's failure, if they indeed miss the playoffs, much like every year since the last lockout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad