Will Nolan Patrick Have a Breakout Season?

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Losing the 3C for a while is not as big of a loss as losing the 2C. Glad that the Flyers have Hayes in the 2C role. Frost or Rubtsov can handle 3C for a while or maybe even longer. No one is saying what Patrick's injury is but its probably going to be a long term thing with all of the fog around what it is.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Does Patrick have Mono?

It's possible if he's been making out with this guy.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Absolutely devastating. Man this one hurts. I know he’s still extremetly young and has his whole future career Ahead of him but this just seems like another reason for him not to have a truely solid year for start to end.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
He might have a great year and not "breakout" statistically.

If NHL scoring does not go up, he is used as 3C, and he does not get heavy PP1 minutes then ~45 points is about all he will be able to get.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
He might have a great year and not "breakout" statistically.

If NHL scoring does not go up, he is used as 3C, and he does not get heavy PP1 minutes then ~45 points is about all he will be able to get.

People keep looking for 60+ point production yesterday and I'm sitting here scratching my head. I'd be stoked if he breaks 20 goals and 45 points.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
People keep looking for 60+ point production yesterday and I'm sitting here scratching my head. I'd be stoked if he breaks 20 goals and 45 points.
This is the problem. People set unrealistic expectations and then get worked up when the player doesn't meet them.

It was the same thing when people started doubting TK when he was being wasted in the bottom six. They just saw a young skilled player who wasn't scoring, but didn't take the time to think about WHY he wasn't scoring.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Terrible move signing Kevin Hayes, we have Nolan Patrick.

LIke I have said a million times, this team is not going anywhere unless Nolan Patrick develops into the player we all hope he can become. So when building a roster, build with that in mind. If he fails to develop, that may be the signal we need to do a proper rebuild. We have been stuck in mediocrity hell for the past 9 years , and Kevin Hayes does nothing to change our path one way or another. We may be on a 20 year path of mediocrity.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
This is the problem. People set unrealistic expectations and then get worked up when the player doesn't meet them.

It was the same thing when people started doubting TK when he was being wasted in the bottom six. They just saw a young skilled player who wasn't scoring, but didn't take the time to think about WHY he wasn't scoring.

If 60 points for the 2nd overall selection in a draft is too unrealistic for you then that says it all.

Reactions: 04hockey

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
If 60 points for the 2nd overall selection in a draft is too unrealistic for you then that says it all.
As I said...
They just saw a young skilled player who wasn't scoring, but didn't take the time to think about WHY he wasn't scoring.

How many players in a 3rd line role and no PP1 usage are scoring 60 points?

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
LIke I have said a million times, this team is not going anywhere unless Nolan Patrick develops into the player we all hope he can become. So when building a roster, build with that in mind. If he fails to develop, that may be the signal we need to do a proper rebuild. We have been stuck in mediocrity hell for the past 9 years , and Kevin Hayes does nothing to change our path one way or another. We may be on a 20 year path of mediocrity.
So Nolan Patrick needs to develop into a 50-60 point two-way center or the Flyers aren't going anywhere. Meanwhile, the Flyers signed an actual 50-60 point two-way center in Kevin Hayes but that does nothing to change their path. Real sound logic there boss.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
So Nolan Patrick needs to develop into a 50-60 point two-way center or the Flyers aren't going anywhere. Meanwhile, the Flyers signed an actual 50-60 point two-way center in Kevin Hayes but that does nothing to change their path. Real sound logic there boss.

Kevin Hayes has broken 50 points 1 time in his 5 year NHL career and has never broken 60 points, and I'll be pleasantly surprised if he ever does so.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00