Will New England make it to their 4th straight Super Bowl?

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Only one other team in NFL history (1990-1993 Bills) has done what they are trying to do- reach 4 straight Super Bowls.

The only other team besides BUF and NE to even make 3 straight such games (Miami 1971-1973) was stopped short in their attempt to bring fourth the Lombardi.

Which way will New England go the way of? Do they run out of gas like those Dolphins or will they pull off an ultra rare feat?

On the surface, it seems tough- lot of hungry AFC teams chomping at the bit to take their shots at the king- but the Pats have a mystique and aura that is hard to bet against.

Remember, if not for a missed extra point and failed 2PC at Denver, they would be heading into 2019 going for 6 straight AFC titles!

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Probably

KC is really only team IMO that is threat to stop them and when it comes to division while Jets , Bills and Dolphins have some nice pieces potentially on roster they are still the Jets , Bills an Dolphins so the Pats should walk into another division crown

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Probably

KC is really only team IMO that is threat to stop them and when it comes to division while Jets , Bills and Dolphins have some nice pieces potentially on roster they are still the Jets , Bills an Dolphins so the Pats should walk into another division crown

You think one of these years the division would stand up to the monarchy.....

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Probably

Their defense is a huge question mark for me, so I would say yes.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
nah
they were one play away from certain elimination in both the past two afc playoffs
luck runs out

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
If anything, the AFC is even worse this year. I think it comes down to them vs. KC, and I'd definitely take NE in that matchup.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It’s not like the Patriots lapped the field, the last 2 years they were trailing in the 4th quarter.

member 157595

You think one of these years the division would stand up to the monarchy.....

If you're waiting for sustained competency from the Bills, Jets or Dolphins you're going to be waiting a long time.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
If you're waiting for sustained competency from the Bills, Jets or Dolphins you're going to be waiting a long time.

One of these years, Brady is going to no longer be able to kick sand in the faces of those teams. Sooner or later, what goes around comes around.

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
If the rumors are true that the Pats used Brady's "extension" to create cap space for Gronk's return AND Gordon gets reinstated then yes, the Pats will be heading back to the Super Bowl.

Reactions: rfournier103

member 157595

One of these years, Brady is going to no longer be able to kick sand in the faces of those teams. Sooner or later, what goes around comes around.

Obviously. Father time is undefeated and the Patriots will inevitably decline once Brady and Belichick move on. But as long as the other three teams are run by Moe, Larry and Curly they're not going to kicking anyone's teeth in except those of their own fans.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I think the question isn't if the Pats will go to the Super Bowl again but if someone can actually stop them from doing so.

The contenders:

Kansas City - If they can get a DC that doesn't have his unit ranked in the bottom 3 they might have a chance. Mahomes will almost assuredly take a step back because let's be real, it's stupidly hard to duplicate your MVP efforts when you threw for 50 touchdowns and over 5k yards.

Los Angeles - Lol. They talked a big game going into the playoffs last year and got their teeth kicked in. Call me when Rivers proves he isn't a loser when the chips are down.

The rest simply aren't good enough (Indy, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Baltimore)

I assume no so yeah unless Kansas City steps up, it's gonna be another Brady Super Bowl. Joy

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad