Will New England make it to their 4th straight Super Bowl?

member 157595

I get that hating all of the good teams is the popular thing to do, but jeez.

The Pats are the favorite to make the big game from the AFC, but the favorite doesn't always win.

No fanbase knows that more than Pats fans, who watched an undefeated season go up in smoke against Carl Brutananadilewski's beloved New York Football Giants back in the day.

I mean...I was born and raised in Central NY. f*** the Patriots, forever. But I have no tolerance for whining and blaming others for your own problems when it comes to football. Teams need to either man up and beat the Pats on the field or shut the f*** up. Whiny fans and delusional Pats hater aren't much better.

Last edited by a moderator:

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
My favorite argument is the "bAd DiViSiOn" one.

Chosen One Aaron Rodgers has played against the Lions and Bears for years and routinely misses the playoffs/is knocked out early/is barely above .500. The Steelers got four games vs. Ohio and were marginally more successful than the Packers.

Sep 19, 2008
Yes. There is literally no one else in the conference that I can envision beating them in the playoffs.

A few months after the Patriots traded for Moss they went 16-0 and 18-1 and nearly won the title.

Moss at the time was a malcontent and ended up on NE

He behaved himself there and the team was a few minutes away from going undefeated. If Patriots do that again it would be hilarious. Vengeance for 18-1.

Edit: history

There were rumors leading up to the 2007 NFL Draft that the Raiders were eager to part ways with Randy Moss through a trade. First-year Raiders head coach Lane Kiffin went so far as to contact their division rival Denver Broncos to "gauge interest",[51] but the Patriots and Green Bay Packers were the two teams most interested in acquiring Moss. Packers QB Brett Favre, who once said, "There is no one in this league who puts fear in people more than Randy Moss,"[52] tried to persuade team management to trade for him, but a deal that both sides could agree to did not get done.[53]

During the first day of the NFL Draft, the Patriots and Raiders discussed the trade several times before reaching an agreement. Bill Belichick spoke with Moss for the first time about the possibility of joining the Patriots at 2:30 Sunday morning.[54] Moss then boarded a plane and arrived in Boston later that morning on April 29 and was required to pass a team administered physical. Once he was cleared by Patriots officials, the teams completed a trade that sent Randy Moss to New England for a fourth-round selection in the 2007 NFL Draft. The Patriots had acquired the draft pick the previous day from the San Francisco 49ers, and the Raiders selected John Bowie.[51]

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Probably

KC is really only team IMO that is threat to stop them and when it comes to division while Jets , Bills and Dolphins have some nice pieces potentially on roster they are still the Jets , Bills an Dolphins so the Pats should walk into another division crown
Dolphins are contenders for the #1 pick this year....what "nice pieces" do they have? :huh::laugh:

Reactions: Wrigley

Panthaz89

Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
If Watt actually stays healthy the Texans actually could contend for the AFC. Browns could also be a surprise contender for the SB too.

Panthaz89

Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
My favorite argument is the "bAd DiViSiOn" one.

Chosen One Aaron Rodgers has played against the Lions and Bears for years and routinely misses the playoffs/is knocked out early/is barely above .500. The Steelers got four games vs. Ohio and were marginally more successful than the Packers.
Dude the AFC East is a joke....The Bills are 4-36 against the Pats since 2000 the only time the Pats ever lose in that division is to Miami(on the road) by comparison my Panthers have to play in the NFC South the worst QB is Winston who is literally better than all 3 of the teams the Pats face QBs in the past 20 years outside of Favre who played on the Jets for 1 season...and 3 franchise QBs in Cam, Brees, and Ryan makes it a gauntlet every season to win...last 2x the Panthers faced your sorry division we went 4-0 and 3-1 with the only loss being a road loss against the Bills back in 2013 when the Panthers had a terrible start to the season. If the Panthers were in that division for the last decade minimum we would of easily been in the playoffs every year. I hate when people retract by saying AFC East is somehow competitive despite the teams and the QBs that lead them have been hilariously bad in the past 2 decades. Jets have made the AFC championship once while Bills and Miami lost the only playoff games they played not too mention the Bills sorry ass 17 year drought for the playoffs as I have witnessed living over here. The only other division that's been close is the years past AFC South.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Dude the AFC East is a joke....The Bills are 4-36 against the Pats since 2000 the only time the Pats ever lose in that division is to Miami(on the road) by comparison my Panthers have to play in the NFC South the worst QB is Winston who is literally better than all 3 of the teams the Pats face QBs in the past 20 years outside of Favre who played on the Jets for 1 season...and 3 franchise QBs in Cam, Brees, and Ryan makes it a gauntlet every season to win...last 2x the Panthers faced your sorry division we went 4-0 and 3-1 with the only loss being a road loss against the Bills back in 2013 when the Panthers had a terrible start to the season. If the Panthers were in that division for the last decade minimum we would of easily been in the playoffs every year. I hate when people retract by saying AFC East is somehow competitive despite the teams and the QBs that lead them have been hilariously bad in the past 2 decades. Jets have made the AFC championship once while Bills and Miami lost the only playoff games they played not too mention the Bills sorry ass 17 year drought for the playoffs as I have witnessed living over here.

I get it but it doesn’t change what I said also being true. There’s plenty of divisions that have had 2/4 be god awful for extended periods of time.

Panthaz89

Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I get it but it doesn’t change what I said also being true. There’s plenty of divisions that have had 2/4 be god awful for extended periods of time.
I know the Pats are a great team but those teams ensure that they have a better chance of getting home field by the end of the season. I also know they play well outside of the division as well but when no other team is regularly attending for a WC spot....that's really bad.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I know the Pats are a great team but those teams ensure that they have a better chance of getting home field by the end of the season. I also know they play well outside of the division as well but when no other team is regularly attending for a WC spot....that's really bad.

I agree. But also, like I said, there’s plenty of teams who routinely play in bad divisions don’t make their conference championship every year. The Packers are a prime example. Golden Boy Rodgers got to beat up on the Lions and Bears for years, how many conference titles does he have to show for it? I think he’s had more 8-8 seasons than conference titles.

I get it that the division is easy. But if you place the Pats in the AFC West or South any of the years they’ve made the title game, do you think anything changes?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yes they will. I think Kansas City is the only team that can challenge them, and the Pats are gonna shred their defense again.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Well now they added AB, the All Foxboro Conference is a lock for the Pats because New England’s dynasty has no expiration date

Gin and tonic

Aug 29, 2019
I sit and watch them play and do not see anything special. Brady does not have a canon of an arm. There is no "doomsday" defense. Their offence is not about to shatter scoring records. But, come game end, they win. Come season end, they win.

HOW!!!!! And how is it that a team that does not have anything overly special, is this difficult to beat?

I saw the 70's Steelers and Cowboys. The 80's 49ers. The 90's Cowboys.. Those were special teams. All you had to do was watch for 5 minutes and you saw it. But they did not win half as much as the Pats!!!!

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Maybe KC can catch the defense on a bad day but that’s about all I got

Baltimore is the permanent dark horse when it comes to playing the Pats tough. It depends on if Lamar is for real throwing the ball. It’s tough to put too much stock into last week because we knew he could shred college level defenses

Idk, I’m feeling pretty good as a pats fan. Don’t really care what happens for the next 3.5 months outside of injuries tbh. I just want them to stay healthy

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Maybe KC can catch the defense on a bad day but that’s about all I got

Baltimore is the permanent dark horse when it comes to playing the Pats tough. It depends on if Lamar is for real throwing the ball. It’s tough to put too much stock into last week because we knew he could shred college level defenses

Idk, I’m feeling pretty good as a pats fan. Don’t really care what happens for the next 3.5 months outside of injuries tbh. I just want them to stay healthy
Yeah, that's the way I see it. Playing the Dolphins doesn't really matter, but I'm pretty high on Baltimore this year. Anything can happen in one game, but I still wouldn't consider them to have a great chance at beating New England. Other than that, I don't think the Chargers or Texans are nearly good enough, the Browns are a wildcard but still nowhere near the discussion, and no one else is really worth mentioning.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah, that's the way I see it. Playing the Dolphins doesn't really matter, but I'm pretty high on Baltimore this year. Anything can happen in one game, but I still wouldn't consider them to have a great chance at beating New England. Other than that, I don't think the Chargers or Texans are nearly good enough, the Browns are a wildcard but still nowhere near the discussion, and no one else is really worth mentioning.

Yeah I don’t think the chargers have gotten any better and they got bullied out of the playoffs. The Texans o-line against a defense being coached by belichick would be fun to watch too

Browns need to go .500 before I take them seriously. Titans mollywhopped them. Titans may honestly be the team that’s best constructed for the pats, they just may not have the overall talent necessary

There isn’t a team in the league that can cover Gordon/Edelman/Brown/White though so that’s gonna be the trump card. Maybe even Dorsett now since Brady seems to have full faith in him

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I sit and watch them play and do not see anything special. Brady does not have a canon of an arm. There is "doomsday" defense. Their offence is not about to shatter scoring records. But, come game end, they win. Come season end, they win.

HOW!!!!! And how is it that a team that does not have anything overly special, is this difficult to beat?

I saw the 70's Steelers and Cowboys. The 80's 49ers. The 90's Cowboys.. Those were special teams. All you had to do was watch for 5 minutes and you saw it. But they did not win half as much as the Pats!!!!

I feel like the greatest coach of all time should count for something.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Yeah I don’t think the chargers have gotten any better and they got bullied out of the playoffs. The Texans o-line against a defense being coached by belichick would be fun to watch too

Browns need to go .500 before I take them seriously. Titans mollywhopped them. Titans may honestly be the team that’s best constructed for the pats, they just may not have the overall talent necessary

There isn’t a team in the league that can cover Gordon/Edelman/Brown/White though so that’s gonna be the trump card. Maybe even Dorsett now since Brady seems to have full faith in him
I think the Titans are sort of interesting for winning that division, but that offense would crash and burn in dramatic fashion against the Pats D.

Reactions: CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad