Will Jack Eichel be a Sabre next season?

Will Jack Eichel be a Sabre next season?

• Total voters

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I reckon Yes.

Buffalo lose that trade 9 times out of 10. Nobody's giving back assets that will make Buffalo as good today because whoever trades for him wants to win now. They might give enough to start a whole new rebuild there but that can't be what they want either.

Yeah that's what it all comes down to. If Adams wants to give this thing another go in a normal season then he probably won't trade him no matter what (keeping potential trade offers realistic).

But who knows, maybe if they mull things over and decide that this thing needs to be rebuilt then it can happen.

2 years from now feels like the time though. Zibanejad might come off the books for the Rangers, and while i have no idea if he's going to stay or not, that's a player who is an option for NYR or a team like Vegas that's looking for that 1C. If for example Vegas sees the Rangers keeping him then i think they would pony up an offer around Glass + 2x 1sts. Glass seems like the perfect chip to use since he's a center who would get his opportunity in Buffalo that he won't get in Vegas if Eichel is there.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Buffalo would be better off trading everyone and just running a roster of character guys and leaders around Dahlin and Eichel and then adding one player at a time until they have new culture.

They will only trade him if he demands it. I don't know if he will do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad