Will Jack Eichel be a Sabre next season?

Will Jack Eichel be a Sabre next season?

• Total voters

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
No one is going to pay what the Sabres need and want in return. It just doesn't happen in a cap world, especially with money being tight.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
He might be the first guy in the modern age to pull what other athletes are doing in the NFL and NBA right now but I just don't see how the Sabres get even 80% value back on him, especially given COVID. I think he is traded next summer.

Crow

May 19, 2014
He might be the first guy in the modern age to pull what other athletes are doing in the NFL and NBA right now but I just don't see how the Sabres get even 80% value back on him, especially given COVID. I think he is traded next summer.
What do you mean by this? Like sit out? Because players request trades all the time. Laine recently. I think PLD wanted out too.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Buffalo will be rebuilding starting with trading Hall and Staal this deadline. Eichel will be next in the offseason

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
What do you mean by this? Like sit out? Because players request trades all the time. Laine recently. I think PLD wanted out too.

I'm guessing the poster meant demanding a trade and then failing to report to put pressure on management.

Although he would t be the first to do that, I think Drouin did just that a number of years ago with Tampa.

Reactions: Crow

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
The safe bet would be yes since players of his caliber are basically never moved at his age,

But with Buffalo setting losing records this year, I don't think he'll see a future in Buffalo, so I'm going to go with yes, this coming offseason. I think the Rangers, Philly, and Colorado are the top 3 possible destinations.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
This off-season he gets traded. I could see Florida being a team he gets traded to, but worst-case-scenario he requests a trade, doesn't report where it forces a trade.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
I don't think so. The Sabres seem desperate and they seem intent on building for the future, there is no better way for them to do that then to trade Eichel for a big haul and I believe that's exactly what's going to happen. Win win for both, for the Sabres more so in a longer term.

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
I think he's on the Sabres. These are terribly hard trades to make. The Sabres are going to need some monumental structural changes though to make it happen.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
He'll be there. 3 major reasons:

1) Adams didn't take the job to instantly blow it all up but rather push them to the playoffs as seen with the Hall and Staal signings. He's going to explore everything else before he does that, like coaching, trying a new mix of players shipping some guys out and bringng new people in, finding a goalie etc.

2) It's easy to chalk some things up to the weird covid season. He's going to want to see what the team can do in a normal year, fans back, Eichel healthy from camp, not having to play the same playoff teams almost every night.. It's just human nature to think things could be different.

3) These types of trades take time. His demands are going to be massive, and others try to do their best to negotiate the price lower which the Sabres don't want to do. If Eichel ever gets traded, it's likely talks have been going around for couple years until something finally comes into fruition. Especially when there's uncertainty with the cap and what the number is going to be after Seattle joins.

At least that's the way i see it.. if they commit to a rebuild and someone is willing to pay the price already i'll be surprised. If things go bad next year then summer of 2022 there's a good chance i think.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017

I meant true superstar. Sure lesser players have done that plenty in the NHL but when is the last time a superstar NHL player signs a massive contract and demands to be traded only a few years later?

Reactions: Garthinater

Crow

May 19, 2014
I meant true superstar. Sure lesser players have done that plenty in the NHL but when is the last time a superstar NHL player signs a massive contract and demands to be traded only a few years later?
Chelios? Last one I remember.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad