Will Jack Eichel be a Sabre next season?

Will Jack Eichel be a Sabre next season?

• Total voters

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
They’re not going to sell low off of injury. He might get traded mid 21-22 tho

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I voted no but I could see him giving it ONE more season if there is a real coach and real #1 goalie brought in.

There there is talent there in Reinhart, Olofsson, Dahlin, Skinner, Eichel.

You bring in a coach with credibility and a legitimate starter and you will start seeing progress, the problem in Buffalo is NOBODY has an credibility.

Said before and I will say it again. Say what you want about Mike Babcock but when he and Lou got hired shit needed to change, and they did it, and they did it because they had credibility.

I'm not saying hire Mike Babcock but you NEED people with credibility, they don't have that in GM chair, behind the bench, in the minors, ANYWHERE.

Until that changes, NOTHING changes

Last edited:

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
I’d be asking for more if I’m the sabres. At least a first instead of a 2nd.

I wasn't being serious, I was quoting OPs meme and updating it with the Rags fanbase's modern day equivalent

No sane Sabres fan wants that trash for Eichel

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Even though hes played bad / below expectations hes still only 24 and a #1C. He's also locked into a good contract and is at peak value right now.

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
I hope he gets traded so the Sabres can finally draft their #1 center with the picks they get back :sarcasm:

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I'm not voting. I looked at the results and it's nice to see majority going with "yes", but I wish there were a "i have no clue" option there.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I hope he gets traded so the Sabres can finally draft their #1 center with the picks they get back :sarcasm:

If you trade Eichel for picks it better be before the draft and it sure as hell better not be to a team that's just missing a top 2 center otherwise those picks are going to be worth diddili squat!

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I wasn't being serious, I was quoting OPs meme and updating it with the Rags fanbase's modern day equivalent

I'm not saying that's a good return but Buch and Strome are close to PPG players you're out to lunch calling them trash. Georgiev sucks and obviously the 2nd can be a 1st but Sabres fans seem to be a bit too full of themselves given that they root for one of the worst franchises in sports.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
That NMC coming up after next season may become a pressure point...I hope they dont move him but they need to do better at building a team around him...

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
yep.

With the emergence of the information that a major change is coming to the Sabres front office to include Rutherford, i don't see Eichel, Dahlin or Ullmark going anywhere.

Ruthergord is rumored to want a rebuilding franchise to over see. Those 3 are most likely the building blocks, imho.

I do see Reinhart on the move however. Cost, with Skinner still on the books it will come down to cost, again, imho.

Young up and comers such as Borgen and Bryson on D as well as Quinn at RW will more than certainly give Rutherford an edge. When combined with the Sabres ability to garner more assets via trades, as well as hockey trades, Rutherford could be stepping in to a position of strength as he'll have the ability to shape the team to his vision.

So, one last opportunity to leave his imprint on the NHL. I can see Rutherford saying yes, as long as the Pegulas step away from hockey ops decisions to a large degree.

We'll see if it works, but having experienced personnel in key management positions is a massive step in the right direction for the Sabres, and as I said, Eichel will more than likely be a huge part of that vision going forward, especially given his age and skillsets.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

How are the Rangers two leading scorers trash? If they are trash leading the Rangers in points, what is every player on the Sabres roster? The Sabres two leading scorers have 11 and 10 points less than the players you called trash.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
tenor.gif

No.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
Yes, you've got to be an idiot to trade Jack. Buffalo has to be especially worried about trading their stars after getting fleeced in the trade of the century O'Reilly deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad