Speculation: Will interest in the Canucks continue to decline this year?

mavstar

No expectations
Aug 12, 2011
Vancouver
The only thing I'm looking forward to this season is seeing our prospects develop. I'd love to see Virtanen, McCann or Shinkaruk make the team and for Horvat to make a big impact. I'm really hoping Horvat doesn't regress and have a sophomore-slump.

Actually, I'm excited to see Markstorm get a crack at some consistent NHL minutes too.

Ho Borvat

Sep 29, 2009
Well in your mind if you think Vey = Horcoff, Virtanen a top line player and Clendening a sleeper then ya it looks like we have some nice future pieces. However your wrong. Clendening and Vey suck and I'll be suprised if they're in the NHL in a couple of years. Virtanen looks like a 2nd liner who's closer to a 3rd liner than a 1st liner. We lack any true top line talent or top 4 D prospects. Simple as that.

Horvat is our only potential "franchise player" and even at that, its highly unlikely he becomes one of the games elite/star players that you can build a franchise around (more ideally would be the 3rd/4th best player on a contending team.. Sort of like Kesler)

Sure, we have some solid prospects, but for the most part, its supporting/complementary pieces.
(*and im pretty high on McCann/Shinkaruk)

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
Actually I'm quite interested in seeing a sbisa-clendenning/weber/bart pairing in front of miller. Maybe with vey/prust/dorset up front. The ensuring chaos should be fun! Who knows, maybe that lineup will 'compete' the other team into submission and we end up winning the cup on their back? :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad