Speculation: Will Craig Adams start on opening night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatureBoy

Mar 28, 2013
Austria
As of right now, I believe Adams will be in the lineup come opening night. The only chance I see is that maybe Kapanen will make the team, otherwise I doubt Adams gets pushed out. There is not enough cap space left and the only real call up candidate is Megna at this point. And he has a salary of 874k as well.

Because of the Maata injury, a guy like Dumoulin (who is making 831k) will be added to the roster. The only way would have been a buyout of Adams but the Pens decided to not go that route.

A trade is completely out of the question and if you waive Adams, there is no guarantee that he will be picked up. So at this point, yes, I believe he will be in the lineup on opening night!

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The question asks if he will be in the line up on opening night. With injuries, I believe he will start on the 4th line on opening night.

That was the question and that's what I believe will happen.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
The question asks if he will be in the line up on opening night. With injuries, I believe he will start on the 4th line on opening night.

That was the question and that's what I believe will happen.

Injuries to whom? Our forwards are expected to be ready by camp. And JR's said in a few articles he's open to signing a couple players on PTOs. And they've been talking Payerl up for quite some time.

I'd say the chances are pretty good Adams is sitting. Not very hard to find a player better at this point.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Injuries to whom? Our forwards are expected to be ready by camp. And JR's said in a few articles he's open to signing a couple players on PTOs. And they've been talking Payerl up for quite some time.

I'd say the chances are pretty good Adams is sitting. Not very hard to find a player better at this point.

Sill should jump ahead of him too. Adams is like 15th or 16th on my version of the forward depth chart.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

Hey... I hate Adams like most. I'm certainly not defending him.

But fair enough. I'll bet you a nice little 2 week avatar bet. He starts on Game 1.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Hey... I hate Adams like most. I'm certainly not defending him.

But fair enough. I'll bet you a nice little 2 week avatar bet. He starts on Game 1.

I'd sport an Adams avatar just for the ***** and giggles. But sure, you're on.

theicebox

#MonixWatch
Jan 8, 2010
Pittsburgh

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I'd really like to see Sill in that spot, particularly in games against Philly.

Rinaldo and White, that's just way too much stupid.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I'd really like to see Sill in that spot, particularly in games against Philly.

Rinaldo and White, that's just way too much stupid.

I want Sill and Payerl in. Mess with Sid? Get Downie. Spear Geno? Watch for Payerl. Giroux? Sill is in his ear all night. I would love it. Not to mention guys like Comeau and Horny add a little bit of physicality too.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
The thing about Sill is, he can agitate and back it up.

Get guys chasing after him instead of Crosby or Malkin, and then win the fight that may come from it.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
The thing about Sill is, he can agitate and back it up.

Get guys chasing after him instead of Crosby or Malkin, and then win the fight that may come from it.

Yeah, that's Sill getting to his game (whoops). I feel like you are bashing PL3, so for what it's worth, PL3 wouldn't have to fight, he can go out there with Sill and whoever and give an electric shift, hit somebody, get some shots, etc. I would want PL3 in WBS when he isn't needed (we play DAL or somebody), to round out his offensive game.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I want Sill and Payerl in. Mess with Sid? Get Downie. Spear Geno? Watch for Payerl. Giroux? Sill is in his ear all night. I would love it. Not to mention guys like Comeau and Horny add a little bit of physicality too.

I don't dislike Payerl, but I'd be far more afraid of what Malkin would do if you speared him than any retribution Payerl might be capable of. He's not really the type of player you're making him out to be, not that I can tell, anyway.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Payerl is a big guy. He rarely actually throws punches in his fights. I feel like fighting isn't a part of his game, he does it to get noticed by the management or to stick up for his teammate. Nonetheless, he fills that Mike Rupp type presence.

Zach Sill is a top middleweight fighter. One of the best south-paw fighters in the NHL. His agitating is a big part to his game as well (Zen Arcade mentioned). I remember him talking to Derek Dorsett all night during that heated Rangers game when Sutter had a quality night. He would destroy both Rinaldo and White in a fight. However, I doubt that they would fight him considering that they frequently pick their spots.

PL3 definitely deserves his chance. He is a better player than I originally thought he was. Great guy on and off the ice. I've noticed he was a bit of an agitator as well.

Bobby Farnham? I definitely want to see him get at least one game just to see what type of havoc he could create.

All these players deserve to play over Adams.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Yeah, that's Sill getting to his game (whoops). I feel like you are bashing PL3, so for what it's worth, PL3 wouldn't have to fight, he can go out there with Sill and whoever and give an electric shift, hit somebody, get some shots, etc. I would want PL3 in WBS when he isn't needed (we play DAL or somebody), to round out his offensive game.

PL3 is Leblond, not Payerl.

Payerl is pretty physical and very strong, but he's not a great fighter.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Payerl is a big guy. He rarely actually throws punches in his fights. I feel like fighting isn't a part of his game, he does it to get noticed by the management or to stick up for his teammate. Nonetheless, he fills that Mike Rupp type presence.

Right. I feel like Payerl's the type of guy who, somewhere along the line someone said to him "son, you don't have enough talent to make it on talent. But you've got a big frame. You need to bang bodies and drop the gloves a couple times a year if you want to have a prayer of making the show."

GrouperTrooper

Jan 17, 2008
Florida
I think we're in the clear...:laugh:
photo (Large).JPG

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
I think it's cute that people actually voted "no." It's like a little kid saying "I'm gonna grow up to be a Space President! " You just laugh and say sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad