Speculation: Will Craig Adams start on opening night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Unless we sign another forward or both Sutter and Spaling then yes. But I'm pretty jaded at this point.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Unless we sign another forward or both Sutter and Spaling then yes. But I'm pretty jaded at this point.

Haha this is pretty much me. Until I actually see that Adams has been waived/released/demoted, or until JR brings in someone else to fill out our forward ranks, I can't help but think we'll see useless Adams in the lineup come October.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
tumblr_lumraaPklZ1r0ojhto1_250.gif

Fordy

May 28, 2008
he's done with this team. they've done nothing to indicate otherwise and have directly attacked his play last season

and that's what dk said when asked what would happen with him

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
He's gone one way or the other. The only way I see him being around at all is as a seldom used 13th forward.

The GM singled him out for his awful play last year, and something that would need to change. Only a DB would play him.

penguins2946*

Not a chance in hell. The only reason Adams played last year was because we was butt buddies with Bylsma. Johnston isn't Bylsma. He'll probably let players fight for positions, but I'm expecting the 4th line to be something like Sill-Goc-Comeau.

khaoskennedy

Aug 6, 2010
Western, PA
As of right now he could start, who is his competition? Megna, Sill, Payerl
No guarantee those guys make the team out of camp, especially if we are tight against the cap

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
JR taking a swipe at Adams (and the old regime) as soon as possible still makes me laugh.

I'm actually curious about how far down the depth chart Adams actually is in regards to performance. All I remember from last season was call ups putting him and Glass to shame.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
i would assume he's currently under megna payerl sill kapanen... **** he might be under sheary or zlobin after camp

penguins2946*

As of right now he could start, who is his competition? Megna, Sill, Payerl
No guarantee those guys make the team out of camp, especially if we are tight against the cap

Sill makes less than Adams. If Johnston plays the best players, there is no chance that Adams plays.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Adams is underrated. The reason you all hate him is because of how he was used and the amount he was used. Adams should never start and end a game, and never be matched up against puck possession players. But he was.

It's unfair to bash him because of how he was used, he's still a decent 4th liner but he needs to be matched up against the other teams 4th line not 1st 2nd and 3rd. And certainly not be used in a shutdown role.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Adams is underrated. The reason you all hate him is because of how he was used and the amount he was used. Adams should never start and end a game, and never be matched up against puck possession players. But he was.

It's unfair to bash him because of how he was used, he's still a decent 4th liner but he needs to be matched up against the other teams 4th line not 1st 2nd and 3rd. And certainly not be used in a shutdown role.

He's not even a decent 4th liner anymore. He is legitimately one of the worst 4th liners in the league.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

delete

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
He is one of the worst players in the league and had no business seeing the ice, let alone getting the minutes he's gotten over the past couple/few years. However, he still has a consecutive games streak going, doesn't he? If so, I'm not sure if the hockey code would allow sitting a player with as long a streak as he has unless he's hurt (although it would be interesting to see if he could break the record for longest games-played streak that ends by benching).

I say he plays until he's hurt (and I hope I'm wrong).

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon

Lol, good god man. You don't actually believe this do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad