Will anyone not named Ovechkin score 50+ in the next 3 years?

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Stamkos. I think he'll have a bounce back year. Especially now that all the contract distractions are gone.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
You expect literally the greatest rookie season of all time?

You clearly haven't followed the Laine hype have you?

He's the real deal. Lemieux/Ovechkin hybrid, Selke candidate, lock for 50+ goals, generational talent, generational personality, as good of a skater as Eichel, top-5 hockey IQ, and the list goes on and on.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015

He's the real deal. Lemieux/Ovechkin hybrid, Selke candidate, lock for 50+ goals, generational talent, generational personality, as good of a skater as Eichel, top-5 hockey IQ, and the list goes on and on.

Stop being toxic. What do you think you're actually going to achieve by making sarcastic remarks about a prospect just because he rivaled your prospect in the draft?

Nobody here is impressed by your post or thinks you just contributed to anything good.

I get that we all make sarcastic remarks/jabs but you're going so over the top it sounds like too much emotion was involved there.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Stop being toxic. What do you think you're actually going to achieve by making sarcastic remarks about a prospect just because he rivaled your prospect in the draft?

Nobody here is impressed by your post or thinks you just contributed to anything good.

I get that we all make sarcastic remarks/jabs but you're going so over the top it sounds like too much emotion was involved there.

Sarcastic?

Everything I said in that post I've legitimately seen here on HFBoards. No sarcasm whatsoever.

And where did I say he doesn't rival Matthews? Resorting to strawman now are we?

Nothing over the top whatsoever when I've actually seen it.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011

Yet he's still nowhere near the prospect Matthews was.

iadoin

Jan 10, 2016
Personally, I have always believed that if Tarasenko gets a #1C to play with and feed to him, than he can hit 50 goals. This will most likely require a different coach (Yeo?) to let him do it as well.

PatrickMcC

May 24, 2015
Toffoli has an outside shot to hit 50 atleast once in his career but thats if we tweak our system a little to have more offense in it

Toffoli is entering his prime years now or maybe he already is in his prime years. As good of a player that he is, I don't think he has the supporting cast to help them reach that level.

Toffoli has been trending up for his entire career, but he doesn't have enough skill or the supporting cast and as you mentioned he isn't in an offensive coaching system (As long as sutter is behind the bench the system probably won't change any time soon either) that will help him thrive and reach the 50 goal plateau.

Only very special players can reach 50 and the no one other than stamkos (60 goal season in 2011-12) and malkin (50 goal season 2011-12) and Ovechkin (50 goal seasons 2013-14,2014-15,2015-16) has done it in the last 5 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad