Wildcard race discussion

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
3-0 Dallas in the 3rd. We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory this year. We don't deserve to go to the playoffs, to be fair. We sucked when it mattered.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I really hope GMDM makes more than minor adjustments to this organization in the offseason.

You know the owners arent going to be pleased.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Especially if they wanted a big name for the buzz and a playoff push and Maloney talked them out of it...

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
The fact that we had full control of all this is disgusting. It all fell apart when we dropped the lead to Minnesota at home. how do you lose 6 ****ing straight games in the most important part of the year. Where does the blame lay, thats what I cant figure out.

Is this a Tippet issue? A leadership issue? I cant seem to put this on management since the guys in the room knew this was the squad they were going to war with down the stretch.

What the hell happened the last six games? How could you not even squeak out a win somewhere. All those times giving up 2-0, 3-0 leads killed us. The games we needed to win in the middle of the season against Calgary, Edmonton, Buffalo, ect killed us. Zero fight, zero heart, zero motivation, no hunger, no leadership, no jam, no nothing!

As many have said, this too is the first time I have seen a team absolutely **** all over the place coming down the stretch of such important games. I am just not sure where we go next or what we even do, or who we even blame.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Well that was fun frustrating. Gave us a little hope after the Olympic break then BAM. Dallas will have the fewest points of any playoff team coming out of the west since 2009. Should have been doable.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Well, we tied our own noose and finally fell off the gallows.

Oh well. It's been an fun agonizing frustrating idiotic emotional run. If I don't drink soon it's all going to explode tonight.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Losing Smith at such an important stage was tough luck.

If any more than two coyotes per game during this six game losing streak looked like they even kind of gave a crap, I'd be inclined to accept your excuse. Unfortunately, we can't use Smith's injury as any kind of justification for our fate this season. The Coyotes will miss the playoffs this season because they played gutless, lazy, stupid, uninspired hockey in at least 66.66% of all periods this season. That's all there is to it.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
If any more than two coyotes per game during this six game losing streak looked like they even kind of gave a crap, I'd be inclined to accept your excuse. Unfortunately, we can't use Smith's injury as any kind of justification for our fate this season. The Coyotes will miss the playoffs this season because they played gutless, lazy, stupid, uninspired hockey in at least 66.66% of all periods this season. That's all there is to it.

Tippett actually said the effort in Nashville was good, if you can believe that. Just went on and on about how they didn't 'execute'.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
That's what Tippett said after the last 5 losses, that there was a lot of "try" just not too much "execution".

I'd argue the execution was poor because the "try" wasn't good enough.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
What else is Tippet supposed to say? I feel like sometimes fans just want the GM or HC to go on a tirade and crucify every player in the book publicly; this accomplishes nothing.

There will be enough of that in the closed-door meetings and exit interviews.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory this year.
More like they were laying there trying to die a slow death but for some reason the jaws of victory kept picking them up against their will. Finally the jaws of victory figured out they had no interest in life so it spit them out for good.

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
What else is Tippet supposed to say? I feel like sometimes fans just want the GM or HC to go on a tirade and crucify every player in the book publicly; this accomplishes nothing.

There will be enough of that in the closed-door meetings and exit interviews.

I agree Andrew. Tip is sugar coating everything but I hardly feel like he actually believes what's been said. Up until we got eliminated last night all he could do was stay positive. I have no doubt people will be held accountable for the way this season ended.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad