Wildcard race discussion

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
If we do make the playoffs, we should consider doing a different playoff avatar theme and leave the Trolloffs theme for when the Coyotes are going to be more competitive than what we saw this season. It doesn't make sense having Trolloffs Avatars if you know the team isn't going to get past the 1st round of the playoff, should we get in this season of course.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
The "race" for the final wildcard spot reminds me of that old Warner Brothers cartoon skit with the Goofy Gophers.

"After you. No, I insist after you. Oh I couldn't possibly, please, after you." etc. etc.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
Definitely don't expect the stars to drop this one. They usually have a good record against the Blues.

StL is in some serious trouble for this game, as their forward lineup consists of majority AHL and marginal players:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=83194729#post83194729

Backes, Oshie, Sobotka, Tarasenko, Roy, Morrow are all out due to injury. That's basically 6 of their top 9. Their current line-up consists of Steen + bunch of grinders + bunch of youngsters. And the only youngster with any NHL pedigree is Schwartz. This line-up probably doesn't have a good chance against the Oilers on a good day.

So be well prepared: it is pretty likely that we will be mathematically eliminated by the end of the night.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Bad news, but Washington and NJ are winning which means they will pass us and that would put us 12th...which should put us in the money for Barbashev, Kapanen, Kapanen or McCann

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
3-0 Dallas.

smirnoff21.jpg

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Hopefully we the fans at the last 2 games of the season will send a loud and nasty message to this organization. Everyone in this organization needs to feel embarrassed. I want to hear more boos than cheers.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Hopefully we the fans at the last 2 games of the season will send a loud and nasty message to this organization. Everyone in this organization needs to feel embarrassed. I want to hear more boos than cheers.

It's going to do nothing because the tickets have already been paid for, but unless my mom wants to go tomorrow night, I plan on voicing my displeasure by not showing up.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
I guess this is a fitting end to the season.

The Blues are playing the way the Yotes played most of the season. Keep on dumping and chasing, sticking to low percentage plays. Can't keep puck possession in the middle of the ice to save their life, transition games sputtering. Lapses in their own zone, and get pinned in your own blue-line with no way out.

LOL. I don't really know whether to laugh or to cry at Tippett and the Yotes now.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
It's going to do nothing because the tickets have already been paid for, but unless my mom wants to go tomorrow night, I plan on voicing my displeasure by not showing up.

Not showing up is part of what that led to the kinds of years we have had. I'd rather we go down a different route instead. Show up and scream out every curse word and insult in the book.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Not showing up is part of what that led to the kinds of years we have had. I'd rather we go down a different route instead. Show up and scream out every curse word and insult in the book.

I have other reasons. Since I still can't drive it'll be a stretch to find a ride to the arena and then I have to wake up at 4 a.m. on Monday morning.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Yep, show up and anytime Ribeiro or Klinkhammer or Moss touches the puck everyone should booo very loudly.

Does anyone know if the Yotes will have a "town hall" meeting for us to ask questions after the season? I've got a lot of questions for dear Donny and Tipp.

Anyone know if there is anyway we can trade Ribeiro, would Washington want him back?

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008

Winning tomorrow would almost be insulting after losing six in a row to get knocked out. Perhaps a 'make it seven' chant would work :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad