Prospect Info: Wild Prospect Thread 2023-2024

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
If Yurov can stick at center in the NHL, 1-3 at the center position starts looking very strong for the Wild.

JEE - do everything center who slots somewhere between a Koivu-Kopitar top end.
Yurov - highly skilled center who pushes the pace and feasts on matchups. Live with the hiccups.
Rossi - Responsible but enough skill and scoring prowess to be a factor in this type of role.

Now to find some more talent at the wing.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
If Yurov can stick at center in the NHL, 1-3 at the center position starts looking very strong for the Wild.

Yurov - highly skilled center who pushes the pace and feasts on matchups. Live with the hiccups.
Rossi - Responsible but enough skill and scoring prowess to be a factor in this type of role.

If Yurov can stick at center move Rossi to the wing.

2 years FWD roster:
Kap/Yurov/Rossi
Ohgren/JEE/Boldy
Foligno/Hartman/Zucc
Marat K/Freddy G/Beckman?

Haight, Bankier, Heidt, Kumpulainen, Milne, Stramel, and Lorenz to filll in the blanks after Zucc is gone and Freddy G takes up residence in the pressbox. At least a couple of the 1st - 3rd round picks will hit, right?

I have no clue about the new prospects they just got.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong

While I think Yurov will fit so easily on the wing because we already have JEE-Rossi and Johansson sucks, I'm with you - any strong playoff contending team SHOULD have 3 lines deep, not the 2 lines Minnesota Wild have been used to.

I would like to see an Ohgren-Yurov duo, I think that would be a balanced line of size and skill.

Reactions: Minnesota

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
If the relationship between the Wild and Firstov has soured, would there be any value in trading his rights?

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
He does have an NHL contract btw

Has there been any word on if Wild are still interesting in giving Firstov a chance?

Last time I recall Russo mentioning him, he referred to Firstov as "another Khovanov" which seems harsh considering Khovanov couldn't even make it in VHL.

Hopefully that's just Russo's own take and not the front office's, given his takes on KHL haven't been the most accurate in the past.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Has there been any word on if Wild are still interesting in giving Firstov a chance?

Last time I recall Russo mentioning him, he referred to Firstov as "another Khovanov" which seems harsh considering Khovanov couldn't even make it in VHL.

Hopefully that's just Russo's own take and not the front office's, given his takes on KHL haven't been the most accurate in the past.

I don't trust most of Russo's opinions. But I haven't heard anything about how the Wild feel about Firstov or the situation. The lack of any news at all leads me to believe there's no chance he's coming over this year though. I imagine he should be in camp next year? Given that it's the last year of his ELC that he does have with the Wild.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

I think it's more of a take on how GMBG has acted in the past with players he had issues with.

Parax

Aug 26, 2018
If he was quitting why wouldn't they terminate his contract

Makes u think
Because they don't have to? Even if he said he'd never come back what's the point of terminating his contract when you gain nothing except 1 of 50 contract slots, and retain his exclusive rights for years if you just let it continue.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Because they don't have to? Even if he said he'd never come back what's the point of terminating his contract when you gain nothing except 1 of 50 contract slots, and retain his exclusive rights for years if you just let it continue.

So pettiness? Got it

Alternatively maybe they just have no issue with him going back to the KHL to develop? Idk

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I unno, this just reminds me of the Menell situation - I don't think any NHL team is going to giving up anything more than a conditional 6th-7th round pick for him. He's reaching 23 and is still "just fine" in the KHL while also being a one-dimensional player (unless that is changed and he's develop a more two-way game or checking skills) and has an inconsistent development since being drafted. Other NHL teams would likely rather use their pick on a prospect they want to draft.

EDIT: IMO he's a done as a Wild prospect and no team is going want to trade for him. Only way he'll find his way to the NHL is have a PPG season in the KHL and sign as a FA or sign with the knowing intention he'll develop in the AHL (which he obviously doesn't want to)

Reactions: Minnewildsota

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Given his age and pro experience, how likely is it that Firstov could make the roster or see significant NHL action in call ups next season?

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Definitely a quitter, even if he comes back.
beggars can’t be choosers. This team desperately needs young legs and offense.

I’d have no qualms with it. It’s not like he’s Voynov or Ribiero or something

Given his age and pro experience, how likely is it that Firstov could make the roster or see significant NHL action in call ups next season?
Greater than 50/50 one would think. Our depth up front is atrocious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad