Tidbits: Wild Press Club - Media talk

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
If Kaprizov's English was really good he wouldn't need an interpreter during his zooms :rolleyes:

So this tells me he really struggled with the language, and could be a reason if he returns to the KHL.

This is nothing but hyperbole. Such a weird narrative to try and push.

Hasn't even been in country for a year. He'll learn far more hanging around with his teammates than he ever will with any sort of 'lessons'. If you watch the Becoming Wild with him, for as little time as he's been immersed here, sounded to be like he's doing fine with it.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
No it doesn't. Some fans may have the opinion he does... doesn't make them correct. Ethics are a big part of doing the job correctly...and from what I've seen...that's part of what sets Russo apart from others.

His extending of himself into multi-media platforms brings his opinions more into play. He's expanding his "job", and I don't blame him for doing so at all, but it also expands what he's putting out. There's only so much, and in so many ways, that he can actually report stuff.

If you want to venture into the opinion professional, it's completely fair to have to those opinions questioned.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
His extending of himself into multi-media platforms brings his opinions more into play. He's expanding his "job", and I don't blame him for doing so at all, but it also expands what he's putting out. There's only so much, and in so many ways, that he can actually report stuff.

If you want to venture into the opinion professional, it's completely fair to have to those opinions questioned.
Of course he can have his opinions questioned. No where and at no.time have I said otherwise. But his opinions do not have an impact on his performance as a journalist. The two actually are mutually exclusive.
People not liking his opinions do not make him a bad journalist. And...as usual...fans opinions of his work are largely irrelevant.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Of course he can have his opinions questioned. No where and at no.time have I said otherwise. But his opinions do not have an impact on his performance as a journalist. The two actually are mutually exclusive.
People not liking his opinions do not make him a bad journalist. And...as usual...fans opinions of his work are largely irrelevant.

So you're not going to scold him for having opinions. Interesting.

Reactions: AKL and 2Pair

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
So you're not going to scold him for having opinions. Interesting.

Why would I? He's entitled to them and as a journalist I'd bet money his opinions are still more informed than people posting here.
Go ahead and take your shot...means zip to me

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Russo’s gotten so bad about recycling the same information into a bunch of different articles. Like, when he posts a new article after he’s already reported on something on several other platforms, I’d atleast hope that there’s some semblance of new information. The article he posted today, he basically just transcribed his latest worst seats in the house podcast.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Russo’s gotten so bad about recycling the same information into a bunch of different articles. Like, when he posts a new article after he’s already reported on something on several other platforms, I’d atleast hope that there’s some semblance of new information. The article he posted today, he basically just transcribed his latest worst seats in the house podcast.
Isn't that a good thing? Now instead of listening to a one hour podcast that's like 40% Wild talk, you can read a focused article.

I don't use Twitter much. I don't listen to every podcast. I don't listen to the radio.

I find the complaint really odd, but this board is more anti-Russo by the day, so flame away everyone.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Not everybody listens to that. We're really gonna get mad at posting things cross platform in 2021?

Reactions: Wild11MN

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Isn't that a good thing? Now instead of listening to a one hour podcast that's like 40% Wild talk, you can read a focused article.

I don't use Twitter much. I don't listen to every podcast. I don't listen to the radio.

I find the complaint really odd, but this board is more anti-Russo by the day, so flame away everyone.
I think it's just disappointing since previously the juicier info would drop in the articles first, which made sense since you were paying for it. I re-upped my Athletic subscription recently and had a reaction similar to KSU's when I read the article :laugh:

I agree that it's not really a knock on Russo, though. Just doesn't seem like there's much out there to talk about right now, but speculation season demands speculation articles.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I think it's just disappointing since previously the juicier info would drop in the articles first, which made sense since you were paying for it. I re-upped my Athletic subscription recently and had a reaction similar to KSU's when I read the article :laugh:

I agree that it's not really a knock on Russo, though. Just doesn't seem like there's much out there to talk about right now, but speculation season demands speculation articles.
That's the thing. Hard to complain about no new info when it's exactly the time of year where almost no new info comes out. We know contract negotiations are stalled. Not really anything expected for another couple of weeks.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The Wild news we are most excited about at my place is that Guerin is into the F1 via Netflix, and is part of an F1 betting pool.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Lol. Anson Carter just played the race card on Russo. On live TV, Tnt. Hilarious

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad