GDT: Wild @ Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
You asked what changed. We lost with a pk goal against last game is what you're inferring with that statement. Context.

Don't become a lawyer. That's a Deboerian inference to make.

Pretty sure I was talking about the ENTIRE SEASON rather than one ****ing game. Good attempt though.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The positive is outside of the third they played a much better game at evens.

A lot of the nonsense was cleaned up for at least 40 minutes (which is a start). Camm and Havlat clearly add a lot of offensive talent to this team, and Henrique returning will add even more and help balance the lineup out.

Cory (outside of handling the puck) was outstanding. He needed a game like this to really hang his hat on.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We looked a lot better without Salvador in there. Just saying.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
The positive is outside of the third they played a much better game at evens.

A lot of the nonsense was cleaned up for at least 40 minutes (which is a start). Camm and Havlat clearly add a lot of offensive talent to this team, and Henrique returning will add even more and help balance the lineup out.

Cory (outside of handling the puck) was outstanding. He needed a game like this to really hang his hat on.

Really outside of the bad play that led to the goal, I thought he handled the puck very well.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
We looked a lot better without Salvador in there. Just saying.
I didn't think the defense looked one bit better...neither did the forwards as a whole, although having Cammalleri back is a boost.

Cory made 3 or 4 saves that he wasn't in previous games...in my view that was the ONLY difference in tonights game.

D3vilsH0ck3y

Jun 10, 2013
Scoring dried up once the D stopped contributing. They need to do better on the back end. But that's growing pains with a young D.

4 dmen starting tonight under the age of 24, Imagine Merrill replaced Zid, 5 under 24 with Greene. The future is bright indeed and we should all be getting excited. Let the kids learn and take their lumps.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I didn't think the defense looked one bit better...neither did the forwards as a whole, although having Cammalleri back is a boost.

Cory made 3 or 4 saves that he wasn't in previous games...in my view that was the ONLY difference in tonights game.

If Cory has an off game tonight, this is probably a 4 - 2 loss instead. They're defensive play is lacking big time

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
It's obvious to me Pete told the kids to cool it with the offensive risks because he wanted to shore up the defense. For better or for worse.

Unfortunately we lost three key forwards to injury and our best forwards weren't producing, and all the defensive goodwill the kids were doing was negated by, ahem, other players.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Go ahead. I also think Ruutu should get more ice, while Gionta and Bernier should be below 10 minutes. I hope Helgeson gets some more ice time next game as well. I'm not a fan of sheltering young guys.

Well Ruutu played the least # of minutes amongst fwds tonight at 7:27, yet he had a goal. On the season he has 3 goals and 4 points. He's a +3. And oh yeah he can actually skate. Yet he has the least minutes on the team.

Compare all of the above to old Zub's(who, to be fair, I thought played a good game tonight, sparked by gio imo) and it's silly. Ruutu is outproducing Zub's in about half the minutes played. One epitomizes our issues(lack of speed) while the other would help inject, to some extent at least, what is needed.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Cam provides a huge difference. And Havlat looked pretty good as well. Do we include the play of JJ, or do we say that he's been this good all season(though he didn't play early). Gio, Ruutu? No Clowe imo is a net positive.

I think the fwd's group is much much better with Cam and Hav.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Don't become a lawyer. That's a Deboerian inference to make.

Pretty sure I was talking about the ENTIRE SEASON rather than one ****ing game. Good attempt though.

It's been one game without him, not an entire season. Get back to me in 14 games then by your logic.

If you think 1 person is that ails this team, let alone the pk that stinks even when Salvador isn't on the ice - you certainly shouldn't become a lawyer because no jury will buy that.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
It's been one game without him, not an entire season. Get back to me in 14 games then by your logic.

If you think 1 person is that ails this team, let alone the pk that stinks even when Salvador isn't on the ice - you certainly shouldn't become a lawyer because no jury will buy that.

Where did I say that things are fixed?

You're the only one making grand assumptions here..

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Not a great argument to lay out there. This team can't possibly continue at sub 70% pk. They are bound to improve. with or without sal they are bound to improve.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Salvador hasn't been very good lately, but getting rid of him isn't going to magically fix the defense. They still allowed a ton of opportunities against tonight - the difference is Schneider was on his game.

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ

I agree to some extent. In this game Devils didn't make any major mistakes until late in the 2nd, after they had a 2-0 lead though. They played a pretty solid game till that point. By the end of the 3rd though, they had made enough mistakes to give up the lead, sag, and lose. Schneider was the difference there.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ

I disagree, I thought they looked completely awful in the Boston game, and much more solid tonight. The first two periods they didn't allow much space in the neutral zone which slowed down the Wild considerably. They played like a 5 man unit at times. Then it got messy in third but they showed fight and desperation.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Cam provides a huge difference. And Havlat looked pretty good as well. Do we include the play of JJ, or do we say that he's been this good all season(though he didn't play early). Gio, Ruutu? No Clowe imo is a net positive.

I think the fwd's group is much much better with Cam and Hav.
Josefson has played well...no doubt about it. As a whole, two or 3 guys playing well doesn't get it done. And a guy playing well for 10 minutes from the 3rd or 4th line has even less of impact.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
You're circling around your own comments now. Well done. You can dance alone.

Hysterical.

Take a stab, completely whiff and then yell foul.

Amazing.. no PK goals allowed and a pretty damn solid game overall.

Wonder what changed.

That's my post. You took objection to it because you think I stated Salvador was the answer to all of our problems?

Where does that post say anything like that? I think Salvador sitting was a big help tonight. Was it the only thing that changed? Absolutely not.. Cory played fantastic as well and we got some bounces.

I'll gladly dance alone considering I'm not sure you can keep up with my steps. Or you can keep pouncing on people for having what you consider an agenda (ironic given that's an agenda itself).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad