Post-Game Talk: Wild def. Canucks - 3-2 (Chiasson, Horvat)

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Apparently the canucks have decided to stop having a head coach press conference post game.

Instead they will have a Travis Green cutout and a pre recorded message saying:
“Thats a good team over there”

of course imac will say “thanks Travis” each time

Reactions: Indiana

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
At this point I hope Francesco Aquilini gets hit hard financially, for wanting to keep this mediocre play. Travis Green should of been the first coach fired last year, after how poorly they were playing, but FA wanted to play on his twitter and say no one was getting fired, and because of all the new players and limited training camp and no pre season, it takes time. So what's the excuse this year Aquilini? At this point FA is just as responsible and because of his actions last year saying it just takes time, that time excuse is gone, most all teams in the NHL acquire new players and lose players, but good coaches figure it out, seems like Green just can't figure anything out.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
He's no Barry Trotz, but his defensive results during the regular season have been far better than Green. Other than one 20th place season in ga, his 2nd worse is 12th since 2014.
Marc Crawford (all out offense) might have had better defensive results (remember, he didn't have a Markstrom/Demko in net) for the Canucks.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I know bruce boudreaus defensive structure was bad but man I would kill to have a veteran nhl coach at this point
Boudreau is a good coach. I wouldn't say he is a bad defensive coach, but he certainly does demand that his offensive players deliver. His post gamers are pretty blunt, and sometimes funny.

Reactions: B-rock and Indiana

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Welp. Picked a good night to go see a Mongolian folk metal band and not give a shit about the Canucks game. Just finished watching it, meh.

Not a lot I can really say that hasn't been said.

Pettersson's a ghost right now. Lotto line's faltering. Demko again kept the team in it late, but in the end he can't score goals himself. Coaching is piss poor. Every line has an anchor on it. Bafflingly poor personnel decisions continue unabated. The Rathbone/Burroughs pair was destroyed. Nothing generated at ES aside from the one lone Horvat goal. The only really physical player is a midget.

Team is now .500 having played only two games against teams that made the playoffs last year and have lost both.

The saga sags on.

Next.

Reactions: B-rock and Indiana

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
Marc Crawford (all out offense) might have had better defensive results (remember, he didn't have a Markstrom/Demko in net) for the Canucks.

If only he had a bigger goalie back then I believe that team would of made it to the finals, Cloutier was just to small, good but to small. Even when Cloutier was goaltending coach he made Markstrom look smaller in net then he was, it wasn't until Clark was brought in to take over, Markstrom finally became a legit #1 and didn't look small in the net anymore. Back to Crawford I really wanted him to come back after Willie was let go, I thought he would of been the perfect fit for this young group moving forward, unfortunately now with the allegations that came out and ex Canucks who spoke up about it, that boat has sailed.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I don't really pay attention to sports radio but it's unfathomable that, after 7 games where the Canucks only looked dominant in one game against the pathetic Blackhawks, there isn't more discussion regarding how bad Travis Green is doing with the roster he has. Piss poor lineup decisions and deployment.

Unfortunately, if this continues, it probably buys Benning more time with a new coach.
Travis Green makes a lot of money for the media. Talks a lot during interviews, probably talks to the media guys even after the press conference. Similar to Torts except he's new, so he's trying to make an insightful impression rather than a funny impression.

Makes sense why coaches like Belichick, Sutter, Babcock win so much. They don't tell the cameras their gameplan, opinions and ideology of hockey for other teams to counter.

Reactions: God

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Travis Green makes a lot of money for the media. Talks a lot during interviews, probably talks to the media guys even after the press conference. Similar to Torts except he's new, so he's trying to make an insightful impression rather than a funny impression.

Makes sense why coaches like Belichick, Sutter, Babcock win so much. They don't tell the cameras their gameplan, opinions and ideology of hockey for other teams to counter.
This post is extremely flawed

Not for your complaints of Green, even if I don’t really disagree nor agree with it - more so with the second half of the post.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
This post is extremely flawed

Not for your complaints of Green, even if I don’t really disagree nor agree with it - more so with the second half of the post.
Francesco Aquilini did an interview on Sportsnet. The Rogers stations purchased the NHL rights in Canada, therefore work together with owners (league) to maximize revenues. At the end of the day, painting these players as marvel characters and then a number of interviews and conferences is on purpose.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
All this crap about “new players” and “work together”

does everyone forget so quickly that Gallant took an entire team of new players to the Stanley Cup?

he didn’t make excuses he got to work

B-rock

Jun 29, 2003
Vancouver
I wonder if Jimbo would consider bringing in Julien given their past ties. I don't think he's the saviour, but he's light years ahead of Green and what he's been able to produce in his time here.

I don't think Green's had the best team to work with in his tenure, but there are some coaches that are able to work miracles even with an average or sub par group. Green hasn't managed that save for the miracle playoff run a couple years ago. He's getting close to his expiration date as a coach of the same team as well, now at 5 years.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
All this crap about “new players” and “work together”

does everyone forget so quickly that Gallant took an entire team of new players to the Stanley Cup?

he didn’t make excuses he got to work
Listening to Benning Bros and media shills, you’d think the Canucks are the only team who have road trips, injuries, new players, etc. the list of excuses is endless.

Look at the Pittsburgh Penguins, ravaged by injuries to their best players and dealt with covid and yet they’re 3-1-2 with a +7 goal differential.

Imagine the Canucks record and excuse making if they had 4 of their top 6 forwards out. The media and fans would applaud them as heroes for just not getting blown out every night.

It sucks to see how low the bar has fallen with this franchise.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Listening to Benning Bros and media shills, you’d think the Canucks are the only team who have road trips, injuries, new players, etc. the list of excuses is endless.

Look at the Pittsburgh Penguins, ravaged by injuries to their best players and dealt with covid and yet they’re 3-1-2 with a +7 goal differential.

Imagine the Canucks record and excuse making if they had 4 of their top 6 forwards out. The media and fans would applaud them as heroes for just not getting blown out every night.

It sucks to see how low the bar has fallen with this franchise.
Could not agree more. Here winning does not even matter, bar can’t be lower

every game they put a spin on the loss and the media sucks it up

and if you dare question the team you are not a real fan apparently

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Seeing iMac talk about brave when he willingly prop up this loser management group so he can keep his sources.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad