Post-Game Talk: Wild beat Leafs 4-3 in shootout

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Was a good game until the shenanigans at the end. I don't even care that we lost, how the hell is that Foligno knee to the head of Campbell not called? The NHL needs to grow some balls and have the refs answer questions post-game. In 99.9% of jobs you're accountable, NHL refs are never called out, ever.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
That was a great hockey game. NHL should adapt the NFL rule that a game cannot end on a penalty. That is, the Leafs should have been allowed to play out the full 2 minutes of their PP at the end of OT.

Yep, because you could literally mug an opponent in the dying seconds of OT and don't care because it's going to a shootout.

Reactions: ToneDog

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
I said this in the GDT and I will say it again here.

When we play these f***s again in Toronto, I hope Keefe dresses Clifford and gives him the modern day Ferguson/Bobby Clarke to Karlamov talk on the bench.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Good character game.
Really hope Shanny and company complains about the refs bc they just took over the game.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I'll take the point

We fell into a hole early but we fought our way out of it and gained ourselves a point against a good team on opposition ice

This certainly isn't the end of the world for us, plenty of positives to take out of the game

WatchOut

Feb 7, 2016
Ontario
Holl really needs to get his shit together, a few plays where he had all the time in the world to move the puck but turns it over.

Love reilly but him being a no threat on the blueline on the powerplay is an issue imo, doesn't open up matthews enough or force defenders to move around. Fun games overall

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I said this in the GDT and I will say it again here.

When we play these f***s again in Toronto, I hope Keefe dresses Clifford and gives him the modern day Ferguson/Bobby Clarke to Karlamov talk on the bench.
f*** that bring up 6'9 Douglas from the Marlies to introduce himself to Foligno the proper way.

LadyLala

Feb 20, 2021
Proud of the way they battled back, shootouts are a disgrace, ending up with a point is better than most of us were expecting when we were down by 3.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Can’t really complain, hard fought tie and the power play would have won it had the refs stopped calling penalties after giving the Wild nearly a full two minute two man advantage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad