Post-Game Talk: Wild beat Leafs 4-3 in shootout

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Played like shit most of the game, they were lucky to get a point.

Horrendous officiating too though.

Leafs gave up almost a game's worth of shots in the third period alone and only had 10 shots on net 2/3rd's of the game in.

Can't decide to show up at the end of the second period against a good team and expect to win.

The end result is justified, they played like shit, they got beat in a shitty individual skills competition, karmic in nature if you ask me.

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Refs gifted us a powerplay in overtime. Why don't you man up and admit the Wild were the better team tonight. Good game, rest up on the flight to Winnipeg

Minnesota was the MUCH better team. Shot totals don't tell the story, Leafs were shit 3/4ths of the entire game.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Wild score some flukey bounce goals, blow the lead, and rely on the refs and Talbot to squeak out a win. Not worried about the outcome at all.

More pissed about the Campbell thing than anything, really hope he doesn't have any effects from that. Shocked he didn't have to go into concussion protocol.

With how fast Spezza left I'm guessing he has a broken finger or worse. That sucks considering how much he stepped up in Marner's absence.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I stick to my belief that a game should not end on a PP if it's a one goal game. Thus, team should always get their full 2 min PP.

Regardless, a gutsy point, they didn't roll over. As I think I'm a reasonable balance of Old/New school, next time we face them I would be dressing Clifford and/or Gabriel.

A well earned point on the road while reffing was sketchy. No protection of players by the refs.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00