GDT: Wild @ Avs

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Bednar sees it differently than the negativivity again. Says he thought the 2nd line was pretty good and made some good plays on both sides of the puck.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I can't wait to see what this place is like when we actually lose a game.

“Well, I think...”

tumblr_p6q0kfwvef1sco93uo1_400.gifv

“Yeah? How about...

upload_2019-10-6_15-10-51.gif

Reactions: wayninja

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Mikko has just been lucky... he'll come back down to earth as the 9 million AAV player he is.

I don’t think it’s fair to call it lucky that Mikko put up big numbers the first couple games. Is he going to get 2 points every night? No. But, his vision/hockey sense is all-world and he has very few weaknesses in his game.

And he’s doing this with no training camp. Theoretically he should get better, the more reps he gets in practice.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'd rather move assets for a top 6er with term now than wait at the deadline and move them for a pending UFA.

That's why Drouin was so enticing. 4 years left, was on the trade block...potentially great fit with Kadri. IDK what the cost would have been but our 1st or Kaut would have been a good start (doubt they want Jost as the main piece at this point).

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
I don’t think it’s fair to call it lucky that Mikko put up big numbers the first couple games. Is he going to get 2 points every night? No. But, his vision/hockey sense is all-world and he has very few weaknesses in his game.

And he’s doing this with no training camp. Theoretically he should get better, the more reps he gets in practice.

Yeah, I love Mikko. My post was meant to be sarcastic! I'll try harder next time.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I'd rather move assets for a top 6er with term now than wait at the deadline and move them for a pending UFA.

That's why Drouin was so enticing. 4 years left, was on the trade block...potentially great fit with Kadri. IDK what the cost would have been but our 1st or Kaut would have been a good start (doubt they want Jost as the main piece at this point).
Not many teams are going to want to move a top 6 a week into the season. Ottawa seems like the most likely to do so. Drouin probably won't be available until Montreal knows if they are in the playoff picture or not.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Not many teams are going to want to move a top 6 a week into the season. Ottawa seems like the most likely to do so. Drouin probably won't be available until Montreal knows if they are in the playoff picture or not.

Normally you'd be right but Montreal is a different animal. He was going to get moved regardless of their situation if they felt like he wasn't a good fit. Their team's success rely on everyone pulling in the same direction rather than individual talents.

Problem is right now he's helping them. He was good for the first 2 games at least.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Bednar sees it differently than the negativivity again. Says he thought the 2nd line was pretty good and made some good plays on both sides of the puck.

You keeping bringing Bednar's public comments up in this, why? This is a player the team has invested a lot of time & energy into and has high expectations for. So it's Bednar's job to build that kid's confidence up & hope things start to click for him. Your posts seem to be implying that you think he would come out and say something like: "yeah, we're really bummed by Ty. Over the summer we had really high hopes in him after the way he closed out last season in a depth role *sigh*"; if that were the case...

I haven't seen either game yet, so I'm not saying it is or isn't. I'm just pointing out that you're bringing up someone whose job it would be to lie to the public even if management was really disappointed with Jost's performances so far :dunno:

Reactions: BoxOfChocolates

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Ya me as well... Though Drouin certainly wouldn't be my target.

I'd be aiming much higher on the pecking order than Drouin. We have a lot of quality futures assets right now, we have a lot of cap space, and we are IMO one good Top 6 winger away from being a legit Cup contender. If I was Joe I'd be looking for the absolute best possible player that's potentially available and I dont think Drouin is it.

My hope is that New Jersey shits the bed here in October and November, and Hall makes it clear in these next two months that he wont come back. I would be all over the Devils with a real nice package to get Hall here and I'd add an extra piece or two to have dialogue with Hall before any trade is done and basically have an extension agreed upon for when the deal takes place.

Getting a guy like Hall would put us over the top. And for the next 3 years at least I dont think we would lose any major talent from the cap crunch of adding him in.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany

Interesting interview. So the reasons why Bendar prefers Graves over Barbs and Rosen are that Graves regularly tries to sacrifice his body to block a shot (did he say that he liked this in him from the training camp?) and that he's big enough to throw people from the crease when opponents have an advantage (4 vs 5 or 5 vs 6).

Last edited:

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Ya me as well... Though Drouin certainly wouldn't be my target.

I'd be aiming much higher on the pecking order than Drouin. We have a lot of quality futures assets right now, we have a lot of cap space, and we are IMO one good Top 6 winger away from being a legit Cup contender. If I was Joe I'd be looking for the absolute best possible player that's potentially available and I dont think Drouin is it.

My hope is that New Jersey ****s the bed here in October and November, and Hall makes it clear in these next two months that he wont come back. I would be all over the Devils with a real nice package to get Hall here and I'd add an extra piece or two to have dialogue with Hall before any trade is done and basically have an extension agreed upon for when the deal takes place.

Getting a guy like Hall would put us over the top. And for the next 3 years at least I dont think we would lose any major talent from the cap crunch of adding him in.

Hall is not a good target. We don't have the cap space to keep him long term and his next contract is dangerous as his whole game is speed. Drouin's 4 years is absolutely perfect. We lose him when it's time to make room to re-up Mack.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Barrie plays losing hockey, they aren't winning anything short term. Let's see how it goes for them when they're battling for a playoff spot
Eh ? Barrie was a PPG player in March for 2 seasons in a row when Landeskog and Rantanen were injured. He was one of the key factors for us in both runs for the last playoff spot.

Reactions: Perratrooper

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
You keeping bringing Bednar's public comments up in this, why? This is a player the team has invested a lot of time & energy into and has high expectations for. So it's Bednar's job to build that kid's confidence up & hope things start to click for him. Your posts seem to be implying that you think he would come out and say something like: "yeah, we're really bummed by Ty. Over the summer we had really high hopes in him after the way he closed out last season in a depth role *sigh*"; if that were the case...

I haven't seen either game yet, so I'm not saying it is or isn't. I'm just pointing out that you're bringing up someone whose job it would be to lie to the public even if management was really disappointed with Jost's performances so far :dunno:

No I don't think that's correct. Bednar has no problems criticizing players. Especially this year. He's not protecting Jost, he would criticize him in a heartbeat if he was upset with him.

In the same pre-season presser where he said Jost played well while everyone said he was terrible, he heavily criticized both Byram and Timmins. If there was anybody that Bednar would protect and shy away from criticizing it's them.

I don't think Jost played well against the Wild, but my point in bringing it up again is that Bednar isn't as down on him as others.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Hall is not a good target. We don't have the cap space to keep him long term and his next contract is dangerous as his whole game is speed. Drouin's 4 years is absolutely perfect. We lose him when it's time to make room to re-up Mack.

We have plenty of cap space for the next 3 years. That's our cup window whether people like it or not. The moment Mack gets his new deal our window is done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad