GDT: Wild @ Avs

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Per the rule book:

78.3 Crediting Assists - When a player scores a goal, an “assist” shall be credited to the player or players (maximum two) who touch the puck prior to the goal scorer provided no defender plays or has control of the puck subsequently. Each “assist” shall count one point in the player’s record. Only one point can be credited to any one player on a goal.

Grubauer should have been credited with an assist. Rule says zero about control or even intent.
Interesting. Avs stats guy(s) should point that out to management so that an appeal can be placed. That save deserved an assist for sure.

Reactions: klozge

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Per the rule book:

78.3 Crediting Assists - When a player scores a goal, an “assist” shall be credited to the player or players (maximum two) who touch the puck prior to the goal scorer provided no defender plays or has control of the puck subsequently. Each “assist” shall count one point in the player’s record. Only one point can be credited to any one player on a goal.

Grubauer should have been credited with an assist. Rule says zero about control or even intent.
I stand corrected. I guess you do see those for hits off of shin pads in the o-zone so why not goalie pads.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Jost is a 3C right now IMO.

Problem is that he’s playing wing (where he isn’t as good) on the 2nd line (which is above his head)

A Donskoi Kadri Compher 2nd line would be money and Jost can play where he belongs centering line 3.

The problem is that...

Nieto - Jost - Burakovsky

...looks like shit and probably would get dominated.

Jost and Bura can’t play together, they are the weakest forwards in our top 9 other than LBN/Calvert/3rd wheel but at least those guys know their roles and do their jobs.

Keep Jost and Bura on opposite lines. Unfair for Kadri to have to carry both of them.

Game 1, he makes a beautiful drop pass to Bura and takes traffic with him to the net. Bura takes too long and flubs a high quality chance. Last night, Kadri once again makes a great pass from behind the net to Jost in the slot... who couldn’t even get a shot off.

They both suck so far, definitely our two worst players.

Reactions: Cassie Campbell

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It's Burakovski's sixth NHL season and he's never broken 40 points. I just can't see him being a solution on the second line. I just get the feeling Avs got way too excited with some part of a spreadsheet here, probably the zone exit part.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Building around Landy+MacK and Kadri+Rants would make sense. Easier to carry 1 linemate than 2.

It's Burakovski's sixth NHL season and he's never broken 40 points. I just can't see him being a solution on the second line. I just get the feeling Avs got way too excited with some part of a spreadsheet here, probably the zone exit part.

He needs to play more than 10 minutes he got last night or he's set up to fail for sure.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
upload_2019-10-6_9-25-44.gif

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Only two games but it would be really good getting the second line going, it's a bit concerning, I want more from Kadri. Defense looking ok even though I was surprised Rosén was sent to AHL. It's a really strong proof of how incredibly loaded the Avs are on defense and defensive talents right now.
OT: Looks like Kerfoot had a great game for TML, I love it, good for him. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: flyfysher

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Watching the 2nd and 3rd period this morning.

What is with Mack’s frustration on the PP? They almost scored and it looked deadly, but he is pissed he didn’t get a one timer pass. It’s funny that he has become so good his expectation is the puck always goes through him. Maybe these couple days off will let him cool down, he is obviously frustrated right now.

Can’t get over Kadri’s stickhandling. If he gets a good winger he has chemistry with, the Avs will be a 2-headed monster.

McNab called Dumba “ Drouin.” Perhaps he was hearing some background chatter? :sarcasm:

EJ and Zadorov were pretty physical on the PK tonight. EJ had a nice hit on Parise, Z had a good hit on Dumba, and then Z also had a nice hit on Zucker. Both of them had good games defending a lead.

Makar looked so much better in this game than the first game. Like he remembered he can be the best player on the ice. Rang the post on the PP, was shooting the puck way more, had a good hit in the third, and was just more noticeable in general.

Girard is easily the most consistent defenceman. Night in and night out you know what he is going to do. Can’t believe the Avs locked him up long term already.

Reactions: Mr Zappalanche

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
It's great having a talent like Nichushkin on the 4th line but I think it would be a mistake to try and move him up in the lineup at this point.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
It's great having a talent like Nichushkin on the 4th line but I think it would be a mistake to try and move him up in the lineup at this point.

Why not try, players getting stuck in a role because a number of reasons, strong competition is one. Difficulties adjusting to North American hockey is rather common for Europeans and Russians. Also still common overrating North American talents.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Why not try, players getting stuck in a role because a number of reasons, strong competition is one. Difficulties adjusting to North American hockey is rather common for Europeans and Russians. Also still common overrating North American talents.
Just haven't seen enough from him yet. I'm not convinced he'd be more productive than player that are already ahead of him. Might be a different story in a month.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Building around Landy+MacK and Kadri+Rants would make sense. Easier to carry 1 linemate than 2.

He needs to play more than 10 minutes he got last night or he's set up to fail for sure.

I'm not sure that giving Bura more PT would do him in favors in that respect...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad