Post-Game Talk: Wild 3 Oilers 2 Shootout

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Relax guys, I watch a lot of Oilers games because of McDavid. This is a playoff team. They play an above average game on ES and have average goaltending, decent D and McDavid. Oilers will end up with ~98 points. I don't think they can hold on to the division but they are much better than 8-9 teams in the West.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Relax guys, I watch a lot of Oilers games because of McDavid. This is a playoff team. They play an above average game on ES and have average goaltending, decent D and McDavid. Oilers will end up with ~98 points. I don't think they can hold on to the division but they are much better than 8-9 teams in the West.

Nope. They are not a playoff team. You need to watch more then

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
The golden boy was responsible for the 2nd goal and missed in the shootout. Why was is RNH's fault?

Hopkins jumps over the board in OT and proceeds to see his line get hemmed in until the buzzer with like 4 prime chances for the Wild to win. He sucks ass and getting a lucky goal because Maroon basically eclipsed Dubnyks vision doesn't change jack ****.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint

Shootout losses suck because they are impossible to predict which is why it sucks that a coach like TMc chooses ****ing grinders over skilled players. Every coach does this and I have no idea why...it's like they want to lose.

Thanks for coming here to learn us good.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

lol

It'll be an 8th straight top 10 pick. They haven't even played the tough part of their schedule yet.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Hopkins jumps over the board in OT and proceeds to see his line get hemmed in until the buzzer with like 4 prime chances for the Wild to win. He sucks ass and getting a lucky goal because Maroon basically eclipsed Dubnyks vision doesn't change jack ****.

McDavid wears the goat horns in this game.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
A point against a trap team on the road, game 2 of a b2b, after trailing in the 3rd. Survived full 2 min 4 on 3. Take it and move on, we lost the gimmick. Didn't think we'd get a point at all after the Zucker goal.

Happy with the point. Wasn't expecting them to come back against the Wild once falling behind. Pt gained tonight puts them back ahead of Calgary with equal amount of games played.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
Glad I didn't watch this game. What this team needs is rest and practice. Luckily only 3 games in the next 9 days, all at home.

WayneGreatzky

Nov 26, 2014
Edmonton

ie6yb.jpg

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008

They hemmed them in the Wild's zone for a full minute and didn't get a line change, so had to play a full other minute on defense. Being a bit harsh, I think.

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
Next game is against the Jets on Sunday. They play Calgary the night before. We neeeeeeeeeed to win that one.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Well Talbot was great in overtime. Had a pretty **** poor attempt on the 2nd goal, and one of the most pathetic attempts I've ever seen on Staal's shootout "move". Overall our goalie got outplayed yet again. We haven't had our goalie steal a win for us in at least 10 games now, but we've certainly had quite a few opposing goalies steal their team a win.

Lot of crap performances tonight, but I guess I'll take the point and move on. I don't think we'll be in a playoff spot in January unless something drastic changes.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Nope. They are not a playoff team. You need to watch more then

They are currently in a playoff spot with guys like RNH not contributing much at all. RNH is not a 30-40 point guy. Sooner or later the secondary scoring will get going and Oilers will win a lot more games.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
I am almost certain my death will be linked to an Oilers loss, probably 20-30 years earlier than God intends.

I don't mind this loss, simply because I was expecting to lose in regulation, but at some point we have to stop making the last mistake.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
They are currently in a playoff spot with guys like RNH not contributing much at all. RNH is not a 30-40 point guy. Sooner or later the secondary scoring will get going and Oilers will win a lot more games.

You need to watch more. Not a playoff team

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Information Mnister Stauffer excusing the performance due to 'fatigue'.
Apparently McDavid suffering from a 'terrible flu'. :laugh:
What a ****ing loser Stauffer is. Get this goof off the radio.
The team has played a ton of games lately every second day road back home for one game road again mixed in with 2 b2b . But they squandered away so many prime ponts. Which a lot of it goes on Tmac imo. and if you noticed Letestu and Hendricks did not see the ice last 4 min of the game . Like someone pointed out to Tmac how many times these guys have been on ice for oppositionGTG and game losing goals last 2 seasons

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Shouldve taken a time out after McD cam out of the sin bin in OT.. he wanted to score.. instead we sent out lame players who were hanging onto their dear life the last 2 mins of the game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad