Post-Game Talk: Wild 2 Oilers 1 in OT

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Here are the upcoming guaranteed losses against the teams who have had our number for an eternity. The total is 22.5 hours give or take OT. This is the perfect opportunity to take the family out to dinner, go on a road trip with the buddies, or take up a new hobby

Dec 9 vs Minnesota
Dec 21 vs Arizona
Dec 29 vs LA
Jan 16 vs Arizona
Jan 31 vs Minnesota
Feb 14 vs Arizona
Mar 20 vs LA
Mar 28 vs LA
Apr 4 vs LA

heh heh. thanx for that . those will be Oilkings or Raptors nite.

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
I'd like to see Lander recalled and Puljujarvi sent down for 10 AHL games. At least Lander can be inserted in the bottom 6 without any concerns. Jesse needs to be playing 18-22 minutes in the A for a bit.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Everybody ******** on Letestu need to remember why he was on the ice in the first place. We needed to win the faceoff and Nuge cant win them. If Nuge could win a faceoff Todd would never have put Letestu out there.

Doesnt excuse him not putting Drai and Mcdavid out there though.

good point.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
We won 3 straight games with Letestu out of the lineup this season . Tmac seems to think he is Toews for some reason he over used him last year as well and we finished 29th he is a ok utility player but not a all type situation player.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
"He's good on draws" isn't a good enough excuse to keep trotting Letestu out in situations that he shouldn't be in. He's not good enough at faceoffs to justify what comes after when he loses 50% of the time.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
"He's good on draws" isn't a good enough excuse to keep trotting Letestu out in situations that he shouldn't be in. He's not good enough at faceoffs to justify what comes after when he loses 50% of the time.

I agree, very puzzling choice. If he felt Drai and McDavid weren't rested enough to go on that face-off, he still had a time out. No excuse for Letestu out there.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
three mediocre players = mediocre line.

no point in expecting more.

It's really a terrible line.

Three guys that are loose with the puck and just as loose positionally in the defensive zone. Not sure what happened to RNH, but he has flat out sucked for a good 10 games now.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton

Exactly, there is no way you can have a guy like Letestu out there in OT. If you're so worried about losing the draw, put Drai out there, especially after a longer break. This loss is on Mclellan more than it is on Letestu.

Legobbles

Mar 10, 2016
Halifax, NS
For the life of me, I can't understand why Eberle was at the right point on the PP. I understand his hands have been ice-cold this year, but if you're going to play him at all, at least put him on his off-wing. That's some pretty basic stuff. He'll never score from there and he isn't doing much else. I'd like to know wtf Woodcroft is thinking.

Some very questionable coaching decisions in the latest run of games, and it's starting to cost them games they could win.

TennisBalls

Jan 14, 2013
Manhattan
Take the point and onto the next one. Saying the Monster is "exciting" to watch is like saying heart attacks are okay if you don't die. And yes our second line needs to wake the fork up.

Still DRAI

Jun 15, 2013
Maybe this is my eye test failing me, but I felt like our third line had a really good night and sustained zone pressure for most of their shifts.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Are people serious right now? Letestu is not only good on draws he is one of our better defensive players. But he got beat in OT and now the argument is TM made a poor choice by putting him out there over a player worse at draws and at defense?

That's comical

He got beat yes. But having Nuge or Drai literally has zero merit. I remember when Drai got walked last year in OT also

Why does every decision need a scapegoat??

Testube was a logical choice, but tghe outcome was poor. Saying TM made a bad decision and another player less defensive would have been wiser is such a homer argument

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Are people serious right now? Letestu is not only good on draws he is one of our better defensive players. But he got beat in OT and now the argument is TM made a poor choice by putting him out there over a player worse at draws and at defense?

That's comical

He got beat yes. But having Nuge or Drai literally has zero merit. I remember when Drai got walked last year in OT also

Testube was a logical choice, but tghe outcome was poor. Saying TM made a bad decision and another player less defensive would have been wiser is such a homer argument

Defending at 5 on 5 is a lot different than defending at 3 on 3. You need players who can skate out there in overtime, and Letestu is a poor skater. It was a poor choice, and it showed when he got burned twice for a clear breakaway, and an all alone look in the slot on the game winner.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
The only saving grace to forgetting I had tickets to this and I missed a call from my dad to get tickets to the Edmonton Journal's luxury box was how bloody dull that game was. Would have been sweet to check out a box though...

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
No PP mojo tonight, and idiot fans doing the wave in a tie game. On top of all the other obstacles, I'm amazed we got a point here.

If you told me we'd get 3 of 4 this weekend, I'd be elated, So I won't complain much.

My lines next game:

Lucic-McDavid-Draisatl
Maroon-Hopkins-Eberle
Pitlick-Cagguila-Puljujarvi
Pouliot-Letestu-Kassian

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Boy I should have known better than to make a Mild game my first foray into Rogers. Great seats though. There is definitely a problem with glass distortion however, ended up watching a third of the game on the 'Tron.

Dull game but happy to take the point I guess.

Dubnyk is a chump. Sure he got heckled pretty hard during the game but pretty classless to mock the crowd when skating out for the first star. He's lucky Minny gave him the chance after he almost washed out of the league.

No PP mojo tonight, and idiot fans doing the wave in a tie game. On top of all the other obstacles, I'm amazed we got a point here.

If you told me we'd get 3 of 4 this weekend, I'd be elated, So I won't complain much.

My lines next game:

Lucic-McDavid-Draisatl
Maroon-Hopkins-Eberle
Pouliot-Letestu-Kassian

The wave was embarrassing. Luckily I was being held back by the seat commies while that was going on.

Agreed on the line-up juggle.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton

My lines next game:

Lucic-McDavid-Draisatl
Maroon-Hopkins-Eberle
Pouliot-Letestu-Kassian

I don't mind these lines. I'd go:

Lucic McDavid Draisaitl
Maroon Nuge Kassian
Pouliot Cagguila Eberle
Slepyshev Letestu Pitlick

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
I fell asleep because of, well, time difference. Does someone have a GIF or the time of the Prosser hit on McJesus?

I'd go with these lines:

Lucic McD Drai
Pitlick RNH JP
Maroon Cagguila Kassian
Slepy Letestu Ebs

Last edited:

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Sigh... 1 point is better than no point.

While I would like this team to be a little more consistent... I still think they are right in there with the better teams in the West and as long as they are in a playoff position... well I can't be pessimistic.

Eberle and especially Nuge are playing like they are missing their BFF.

I actually wonder if that has a little to do with things. The chemistry and team makeup has changed so much and that little clique is now gone (Hall, Schultz out)... I wonder if at some level those two are somewhat in a funk because of all the changes on and off the ice. Yes I know they are professionals... but they are also human.

Last edited:

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015

That's comical

You don't put slow players like Letestu out there 3/3 hockey 101

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Second game on a back to back against a decent team is a game every team loses most of the time.

So this is a game where you take the loser point a run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad