Post-Game Talk: Wild 2 Oilers 1 in OT

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Sekera the loser in OT.. letting a tired geoup of wild change was the end..
Letestu got owned aswell

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
3 out of 4 points this weekend is acceptable.

Too bad they couldn't pot one. I want Pulju back in next game.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Letestu should never be on the ice in OT. He's way too slow. He's also useless on the PP, and a 2 goal game doesn't change that.

Anyways that was one of the most boring games I've watched. I'll take the point and Gustavsson adventure and move on.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Gus... Poke check me once shame on you
Poke check me twice, shame on mejust kidding, what the HELL was Letestu doing? He just let Koivu get past him.

Boring game. 3 points in 2 games is okay. Too bad they gave one to Anaheim.
As much as seeing the Flames win pains me, I would rather them get the points than the Ducks.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
This is one reason why we sucked so much last year: we used Letestu as a checking, 3rd line center, which he is NOT. He is NOT good defensively; he bled goals against last year, and I believe had the WORST plus/minus on the team. Thank god he's the 4th line C this year. But what the hell is he doing out in OT? McLellan is a huge idiot sometimes.

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
Soon as I see Letestu out for the 3-on-3, I said to myself: "He's too slow, he's gonna get beat in a foot race." Didn't expect it to happen twice in 8 seconds and lead to the winning goal. Pretty, uh, "gutsy" decision by Todd there.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Letestu should never be out in OT. Like NEVER especially when they had that extra time with that review ******** why wouldn't you put out Drai and Mcdavid? Mclellan makes some absolutely bone headed decisions night in and night out.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Oilers would have gotten 0/4 points on that back to back in the last ten years... so ill take it... but I don't have to like it

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Remind me to try and sell my tickets to the game the next time the Wild are in town. What a boring hockey team.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I mean, I would defend Letestu out there on 3 vs 3 because the other lines are tired, but Tmac does this **** so often that the real only reasoning is because he's dumb.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Fatigue a factor too. But still very frustrating.

I'm sure fatigue did play a factor. But they needed to dig deeper tonight. This was a very winnable game.

It's easy to blame the Wild for being a "boring" team. But the Oilers never once pushed the pace out there. Very content to just sleep walk through the majority of the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad