News Article: WIIM: Filip Zadina Deserves Better...

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
I've been saying all year that I want to see the 2018 line: Zadina - Veleno - Berggren

Yeah I was thinking Ras could fit well between them too, doing the dirty work and screening the goalie. Could be a very nice middle six line as soon as this season in the event of an injury or trade.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Perhaps all true but the only way I see him becoming a player worthy of his draft pedigree is by being a perimeter player. He's just not good in tight spaces and I think it's very unlikely that he'll improve in that department. I think the fanbase would come around if he's racking up points and is generally productive... As it stands, play dies on his stick because he taking on more than he can chew.

I’m more offended by the mental gaffes he makes on the powerplay with more time and space…when he’s playing on the perimeter.

I like the way he navigates through traffic 1000% more than I like the way he thinks/behaves when given too much time and space.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
What's the perception on Chytil now? Is he a buy-low candidate yet? (or near it)?
I thought he'd be better by now. As an oil fan... 3C of my dreams and eventually top 6.

Unless it was a killer deal... I wouldn't trade him if I were the Rangers. He has everything to be a good player for awhile. Kind of like Zadina. Slow Czechs.lol.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I thought he'd be better by now. As an oil fan... 3C of my dreams and eventually top 6.

Unless it was a killer deal... I wouldn't trade him if I were the Rangers. He has everything to be a good player for awhile. Kind of like Zadina. Slow Czechs.lol.
Thanks for the feedback & enjoy prime McDavid & Drai. Best of luck in the WC.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks for the feedback & enjoy prime McDavid & Drai. Best of luck in the WC.
Thanks .. I keep saying Stevie Y is a superior GM to Holland and Detroit is on a beauty path! Might have 2 Calder candidates. Vrana returns in new year. Both goalies I like. I'm an obvious Hronek fan as well!

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
I’m more offended by the mental gaffes he makes on the powerplay with more time and space…when he’s playing on the perimeter.

I like the way he navigates through traffic 1000% more than I like the way he thinks/behaves when given too much time and space.

I don't know... Everytime I see him in a traffic zone, he loses the puck.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
zadina strikes me as a pretty boy type , the type that keeps his hair perfect / wears fancy clothes / keeps car immaculate / a perfectionist .
the type person that tries doing every little thing perfectly . so he gets to nhl and has a bunch of coaches putting 100s of directs into his mind
and his mind becomes swamped as he tries to do every little thing perfectly and it throws him off his natural instincts . hes on the rink thinking = i got to do this / now that / now this / etc . his minds bogged down trying to do too much ! my cure is putting him on a line with razz and veleno to grind and telling zadina = you got one job and thats to score goals , i dont care about anything else . forget everything youve been taught by the detroit red wings and just focus on one thing = getting shots on net...

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Yeah I was thinking Ras could fit well between them too, doing the dirty work and screening the goalie. Could be a very nice middle six line as soon as this season in the event of an injury or trade.

Ras f***ing sucks at screening the goalie. I'm tired of this narrative that just because he's big he should stand in front of the net screening the goalie to deflect pucks. That's been tried. He was terrible at it. Even Mickey Redmond pointed it out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad