Why should the Habs acquire Evander Kane?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He came into my friends store in Vancouver and mentioned he doesn't want to go back to Winnipeg.
Not surprising...they will, and probably have informed teams he is available, to try and get a bidding war going...not sure if they will get full value for him...

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
He's a powerforward. He hits hard, can knock you out in a fight and can give you 30 goals a year.

Having him in our top 6 would help us a bunch.

His fighting is overrated... He hasn't fought much, and hasn't taken on anyone particularly tough.

The cooke knockout makes him seem tougher

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Winnipeg would likely want Gallagher.

We would love a guy like Kane, but no ****ing way do I want to see Gallagher traded.

NHLFutureGuy3

Aug 22, 2008
Don't you guys know the rule with Bergevin and every other Habs acquisition for the past 20 years?

Deals don't happen unless you don't expect them. Think about it. The second a player is talked about on a message board, we won't get him.

We won't get Kane and we won't get Iginla either. Thanks a lot guys :rant:

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Winnipeg would likely want Gallagher.

We would love a guy like Kane, but no ****ing way do I want to see Gallagher traded.

Yeah anyways I think we are deeper on defense than we are on the wings

Gorges
Emelin
Subban
Markov

Beaulieu
Tinordi
*Weaver
Pateryn

LW
Pacioretty
Galchenyuk

Bourque
Prust
Moen

RW
Gallagher
*Gionta
Weise
Bournival

Our right wing sucks right now
would make no sense to trade one
id prefer to add to it

On the left wing you have Pacioretty and Galchenyuk
Galchenyuk might move to center this year, and we dont know if Bourque is here to stay or not

Now center

Plekanec
Desharnais
Eller
Brière
White
Galchenyuk (?)

And Goaltending

Price
Budaj
Tokarski

Plekanec, Tokarski and a 1st round pick

for Kane and a 2nd

Jokinen is leaving and Pavelec sucked balls
so they get a new reliable center, some good goaltending and a 1st for their rebuild

all they have to do is sign Hiller and thats a decent duo

thoughts?

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Don't you guys know the rule with Bergevin and every other Habs acquisition for the past 20 years?

Deals don't happen unless you don't expect them. Think about it. The second a player is talked about on a message board, we won't get him.

I brought up Vanek before he was acquired.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Yeah anyways I think we are deeper on defense than we are on the wings

Gorges
Emelin
Subban
Markov

Beaulieu
Tinordi
*Weaver
Pateryn

LW
Pacioretty
Galchenyuk

Bourque
Prust
Moen

RW
Gallagher
*Gionta
Weise
Bournival

Our right wing sucks right now
would make no sense to trade one
id prefer to add to it

On the left wing you have Pacioretty and Galchenyuk
Galchenyuk might move to center this year, and we dont know if Bourque is here to stay or not

Now center

Plekanec
Desharnais
Eller
Brière
White
Galchenyuk (?)

And Goaltending

Price
Budaj
Tokarski

Plekanec, Tokarski and a 1st round pick

for Kane and a 2nd

Jokinen is leaving and Pavelec sucked balls
so they get a new reliable center, some good goaltending and a 1st for their rebuild

all they have to do is sign Hiller and thats a decent duo

thoughts?

I don't think Winnipeg has any interest in that deal.

They have 2 good centers so Plekanec doesn't fit a big need, Tokarski is a B prospect and it's a late 1st.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Well I have to agree with the article ... I love Plekanec but a swap (+some prospect) for him just make too much sense...

The ''Free up a spot down the middle for Galchenuyk'' is the argument that sold it the most for me... think about it

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Kane - Galchenyuk - Brière
Bourque - Eller - Gionta
Prust - Bournival - Weise
Moen

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
If Dreger's right about Josh Bailey being a trade target with high trade value after so many disappointing seasons, I can't even imagine how high Kane value is among managers.

AwaKe

Jul 22, 2006
Jets are already stacked on D so I don't see them being interested in Beaulieu, Tinordi or Pateryn. Also, Plekanec is a bit too old to fit in Peg, so the starting point to a deal would be one of Eller/Gallagher/Galchenyuk, and of course, nobody wants Gallagher or Galchenyuk out.

I could see Tokarski interesting the Jets.

So the deal would probably be Eller + Tokarksi + high pick or forward high-end prospect for Kane... There's a few team who would probably match or offer more.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Well I have to agree with the article ... I love Plekanec but a swap (+some prospect) for him just make too much sense...

The ''Free up a spot down the middle for Galchenuyk'' is the argument that sold it the most for me... think about it

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Kane - Galchenyuk - Brière
Bourque - Eller - Gionta
Prust - Bournival - Weise
Moen

That's another problem I have with trading pleks... No team wins it all with two offensive only centers. There would be way too much risk involved in a long playoff run.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
At least he didnt offer up Pacioretty in the trade like we saw earlier here.

Apr 28, 2010
That's another problem I have with trading pleks... No team wins it all with two offensive only centers. There would be way too much risk involved in a long playoff run.

Exactly. Our Penalty Kill will suffer big time without Pleks. Having just PKers from the bottom 6 won't do the job for a full season.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Do the Habs have the right chemistry to cure Kane's supposed bad attitude? If so, he's definitely worth pursuing.

Winnipeg could use Tokarski; he's a key trade piece whose current value is high. They could definitely use Plekanec's two-way skills and leadership, though I'd hate to lose him. Eller, Emelin, Gorges are other roster players they could use. This would be a good time for Bergevin to offer draft picks.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
It would probably take something like Eller + Tinordi/Beaulidu + pick(s)

He would be great to have on this team, but I'm opposed to selling Eller right now. He had a good playoffs and I think it gave him the confidence boost he needed to move to the next level. I predict Eller will be one of our best players next season, so giving him away now (when his actual value is pretty low) would be a bad idea.

But Kane would be great. Him and Galchy/Gally, or him with DD even would be pretty great. And if we had Kane/Pacioretty scoring goals it would be pretty great too.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
If we're going to pay top dollar for a young winger, I'd rather it be Taylor Hall. THAT guy would be worth going after.

Kane has potential but there's a lot more risk there.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Please. 29 goals pace over the last three seasons.

I would take a run at Kane. I think the habs have built a good culture that can keep Kane in line, and he's a guy in need of a fresh start.

He has all the tools to make this top 6 faster, stronger, and more physical.

Unfortunately, I just don't see a trade that makes sense for both teams. I know some people believe that eller can fit plekaenc's shoes, but I'm not convinced. Further, who fits eller's shoes if he moves into pleks' spot? I doubt the the jets bring jokinen back so I believe we gotta start a realistic offer with centre talk

bigtimehockeyfan999*

there were quite a few people hoping for vanek....and the summer we signed prust, there were a few guys hoping for him...myself included....i was praying but i never thought he'd leave newyork and then, all of a sudden..he did....i was hoping for cammalleri...we signed him....i was hoping we'd draft beaulieu...we did...sometimesc it works out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad