Why is Kucherov considered great personality and PK Subban a locker room cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
As a fan of hockey as entertainment i enjoy them both. No one truly knows how one acts in the locker room or their personal relationships with their teammates. We just get snippets and rumors.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Was it because of his skin color and not many people with the same color of skin don't play hockey?

Why is this the first thing you went to? Seems like a loaded question and that that's the answer you want it to be. How about just leave the question open and let people answer it without leading them first? It's disingenuous and intellectually dishonest.

Reactions: TBoneTRex and DMB06

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I see the typical crew is trying as hard as they can to make this about race. 1500+ posts about Kucherov acting like a douche and you pretend everyone loves him.
Dude, I like you as a poster, but I disagree with you here. It's always been about race, and still is. Maybe you or I personally didn't choose to make it that way, but that's the way it is, that's the way it's been. These problems exist, and we know for damn sure they do in hockey as well. Like I said in another post, if you don't like that I
it's that way, then do something to try to change it.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
You're acting as if hockey fans universally love Kucherov and hate Subban.

Don't you see just about every other person calling Kucherov a douchebag? Or Subban gaining huge amounts of love by being outgoing?

Talk about selective memory.

Thank you. Sadly today, the race card is played everywhere. It will eventually backfire.

And put me down for Kuch is a douchebag.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
It's because Kucherov's actions were humorous more than disrespectful, at least to anybody who isn't a ultra-right wing dinosaur.

As to race? Sure it plays a part, but it's not the main nor sole reason of people's dislike. Keep in mind Kucherov is Russian; and likely taking more crap than he should too.

Reactions: kp61c

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
No one wants to talk about race right now because what Kucherov did and the reaction to it has zero to do with race. ZERO.

Y'all are making up a hypothetical situation where Subban did something similar and all of the HF racists hypothetically reacted different to it. Its a bullshit argument and no one wants to humor it.

Plenty of threads to talk about racisim in hockey. Creating hypotheticals in you head to get outraged about is ridiculous.
No, what Kucherov did or said had nothing to do with race, but the reactions to it, and narratives surrounding it do.

Subban hasn't ever said anything like what Kucherov said, and he gets called selfish, a prima donna, a locker room cancer, bad teammate, on and on and on.

With Kucherov, it has been people commending him, saying he has "personality, or at worst, he gets called a douchebag. No talk about him as a team mate and all the other BS.

There's a difference in the two narratives, and if you're saying there isn't, like I said, you're either naive (unlikely) or pushing an agenda.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Did Messier actually do anything wrong in Vancouver or were Canuck fans still salty about '94 upset that a 37 year old free agent didn't live up to his contract?

They were excited when he first showed up. People don't like players who are up front and centre when a team struggles though, so suddenly the great leader Messier was a cancer even though he probably did pretty much the same things as he always did. Not that Kucherov is all that boisterous really, but when your team wins you're a leader and great personality while when your team loses you're a cancer. Subban would have been largely beloved if he'd been on a tremendous team.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Lets compare their behaviors during the stanley cup finals, just for fun.

Kucherov - not a single soundbyte for the press until after the final buzzer, makes some drunk and obnoxious comments during his celebration. Some find it charming, some find it offensive.

Subban - Fabricates a story about Sidney Crosby commenting about his breath after game 4, makes a spectacle in front of the camera of bringing listerine to the game before game 5, gets a team issued gag order to the media before game 6, his team loses the series while being shut out 2 games in a row after the bad breath comment. Some may have found it amusing. Some thought it was a distraction. Some thought it was a weird display of leadership (taking the focus off Rinne's poor play)

Kucherov at the very least was genuine with his emotions. PK's actions were a contrived attention seeking act in the middle of a series, which probably leads to the poor teammate comments.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
No, what Kucherov did or said had nothing to do with race, but the reactions to it, and narratives surrounding it do.

Subban hasn't ever said anything like what Kucherov said, and he gets called selfish, a prima donna, a locker room cancer, bad teammate, on and on and on.

With Kucherov, it has been people commending him, saying he has "personality, or at worst, he gets called a douchebag. No talk about him as a team mate and all the other BS.

There's a difference in the two narratives, and if you're saying there isn't, like I said, you're either naive (unlikely) or pushing an agenda.
You are pushing an agenda my friend. Its painfully clear.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Give me an example of someone not liking Subban because of his skin color. Let's hear it, bud.
Lol, are you really trying to claim P.K. Subban has never experienced racism? You are clearly being disengenuous and pushing an agenda. Keep outing yourself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad