Why is Kucherov considered great personality and PK Subban a locker room cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
After reading a shit ton of articles where they say Kucherov is a great personality, his post Stanley Cup win interview was epic and the leauge needs more of this this to sell the game and some people liking what he did.

But when PK Subban did showed the same personality and did some things like Kucherov (not to the level of Kucherov), he was considered a locker room cancer and this was "not something the leauge needed. And he was branded as being classless.

Why was this?

Was it because of his skin color and not many people with the same color of skin don't play hockey?

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
You're acting as if hockey fans universally love Kucherov and hate Subban.

Don't you see just about every other person calling Kucherov a douchebag? Or Subban gaining huge amounts of love by being outgoing?

Talk about selective memory.

I am just basing this off of the articles I have read. Even here on Hfboards, we have "classless Subban" thing.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
1.) Yes, being black is a huge part of why many people dislike Subban and the portrayal of black athletes in general
2.) Playing in a Canadian market and dealing with toxic media/fans is far more hurtful to a player's reputation than playing in an American market
3.) Winners can get away with anything and Kucherov has 2 Cups

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Because one is funny and the other one is just annoying. Best example (from another sport) is McGregor and Covington. Everybody loves McGregor because he’s funny and entertaining but everyone hates Covington because he’s just awkward, unfunny and annoying. It has nothing to do with being white or black

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
After reading a shit ton of articles where they say Kucherov is a great personality, his post Stanley Cup win interview was epic and the leauge needs more of this this to sell the game and some people liking what he did.

But when PK Subban did showed the same personality and did some things like Kucherov (not to the level of Kucherov), he was considered a locker room cancer and this was "not something the leauge needed. And he was branded as being classless.

Why was this?

Was it because of his skin color and not many people with the same color of skin don't play hockey?

You had some people liking Subban and some people chirping him.

What do you have now?

You have some people liking kucherov and you have some chirping him.

Have you not seen all the threads and comments calling kucherov classless?

What's the difference?

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I like Subban's personality. I think people mostly enjoyed Kucherov's presser because he was drunk and belligerent during the whole thing.

Ironically, the people in the media who criticized Subban are going to be the ones losing their jobs to Subban because his personality makes for better television than their banality.

Beerleaguer2019

Nov 20, 2019
One wins and the other doesn’t. I think it’s as simple as that.
As a Lightning fan, if we were middle of the pack barely making the playoffs and Kuch was acting like this I would be annoyed.
He gets down to business when it’s time to be down to business and parties when it’s time to party.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
None of us know how they interact day to day with teammates, which isn't something captured on TV hits. Plus, if you are a key player on two cup winning teams, its sort of hard to maintain a locker room cancer narrative.

Reactions: ps241 and Realgud

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
Canadian fans gatekeep where American (and Tampa) fans are good with personality.

The other is play. Kuch is arguably the best player in the world. Last 3 years he has a Hart, Presidents, 2 Cups, and most playoff points since Wayne and Mario. Hard to argue cancer when you and your team is that successful

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
I had great respect for Kuch right up until that presser. WOW NOT ANY MORE. very bad presser, very bad comments. Tampa fans have a right to party for ANY REASON, the habs made it all the way to the SC finals, habs ARE THE CONFERENCE CHAMPS, best year in years. Hab fans have the same rights as Tampa fans, to party for whatever reason they want.

Reactions: BLONG7

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
You are falsely assuming the people who like Kucherov are the same ones who disliked Subban, or the ones who disliked Subban are the same ones who like Kucherov.

I bet in reality, people who like Kucherov also liked Subban and the people who find Kucherov "disrespectful" felt the same towards Subban.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
American media is also quite anti Russian. See someone like Olberman who was just bashing Kuch

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
You are falsely assuming the people who like Kucherov are the same ones who disliked Subban, or the ones who disliked Subban are the same ones who like Kucherov.

I bet in reality, people who like Kucherov also liked Subban and the people who find Kucherov "disrespectful" felt the same towards Subban.
he doesn't care, he just wanted to accuse us of being racist. this is a pure race bait thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad