Why is Kucherov considered great personality and PK Subban a locker room cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
What makes Kuch's remarks (and his drunken behavior after last years win) so entertaining is that it's not IN ANY WAY how he acts typically. Kuch is a very quiet, reserved guy, usually has the personality of a paper plate. So it's funny to see him break out of his shell and relax for a bit.

I don't know enough about Subban, or anything he may have done or not done, to comment on. But I do know that you're only mentioning him because he's black.

Reactions: Sweetpotato

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
They pay money for the right to boo.

Just like they pay money to buy NHL merchandise, and have the right to celebrate a win in the Finals while wearing that merchandise.

Kucherov having a problem with this shows how immature, petty, and out-of-touch he is.
So it all comes down to the direction of where the money flows? Ok. Doesn't seem like a stark enough difference to me as to who has the "inherent" right to be "classless" towards the other.

Hockey isn't golf. No reason for old men to pretend it is just because both are played primarily by rich white guys.

Reactions: Anahome

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Kucherov was having fun for the sake of having fun while also being by most accounts hammered. Did he say some douchy things? Yes. But, most people are willing to excuse that given his inebriation while also considering the fact that he has never done something like this and has prior to this conducted himself in a respectful manner.

Subban was all about bringing every ounce of attention on himself to further build his brand and become a media personality who is a hockey player rather a hockey player who has a media personality.

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
They pay money for the right to boo.

Just like they pay money to buy NHL merchandise, and have the right to celebrate a win in the Finals while wearing that merchandise.

Kucherov having a problem with this shows how immature, petty, and out-of-touch he is.

Stop being so sensitive.
Nothing inappropriate was said. If anything take some pride your support of your team got under Kucherov's skin.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Two simple questions:

1) Do you think a player should be putting down another team's fans for celebrating winning a game in the Stanley Cup?

2) Do you think a player should be doing this moments after winning the Stanley Cup?

Not directed at me, but ..

1. I think fans can act however they'd like AND players can react to that however they'd like. People don't have the authority to behave how they'd like AND tell other people how they should react to it.

2. I think after the SC win is exactly when he should do it. It would have hurt his team if he made these comments immediately after Montreal won game 4. They would have been forced to answer a million questions about it from the media and in a small way would have put more pressure on them for the next game.

Kuch is a team guy, and as I posted previously usually very quiet and soft spoken. The only chance he was ever going to say what he did was after the series was over, and while drunk. I love that he did say it, and hope to see more honesty. Athlete interviews are a total waste of time and it can only benefit the sport to start hearing what players really think.

Reactions: WarriorofTime

PM88RU

Dec 24, 2020
Moscow, Russia
Immature, can't drink.

What I've noticed is after win he was genuinely happy for Vasy, and extremely proud of his team. Half of his bs interview was all about it. He's a team guy and that, unfortunately, do not include the respect to other teams, fans, players.

Therefore we have the result. Maybe in time he'll understand something, who knows...

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I’m not a fan of either “personality”. I’m consistent.

However, if rumors are true, Kucherov is liked by his teammates and Subban not so much.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
The question is, if Kuch truly felt Montreal fans celebrated a bit too much after a single Cup win in a series they were losing 3-0, why is he not allowed to say so? Who here has the authority to say that a man isn't allowed to speak his own mind? Does he have to pass his viewpoints through you first? You can disagree with him as much as you want, just as he disagreed with how much Montreal fans celebrated, but if someone feels a certain way there's not a single thing wrong with saying it.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
What makes Kuch's remarks (and his drunken behavior after last years win) so entertaining is that it's not IN ANY WAY how he acts typically. Kuch is a very quiet, reserved guy, usually has the personality of a paper plate. So it's funny to see him break out of his shell and relax for a bit.

I don't know enough about Subban, or anything he may have done or not done, to comment on. But I do know that you're only mentioning him because he's black.

This, I think only Bolts fans will appreciate this fact though. Its a rare treat to watch Kucherov enjoy himself

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Because Subban is now a 6th-7th Dman still thinking he is a superstar.

he was so explosive when he was with Montreal and right now he looks like he is skating with concrete skates.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
I think it’s pretty clear from Sergachev’s comments that Kucherov didn’t have a problem with Canadiens fans cheering. It was the other subset that seemed to piss off our Russians and lead to his comments.

Anahome

Oct 5, 2019
Ok he just copied his kind of famous quote? That’s the phrase kucherov seems to be getting attention for
No. This phrase is used in Russian. They just both speak Russian. Khabib is muslim. He doesn't drink alcohol at all, and he genually trusts in God. So, nothing in common.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
PK Subban being about PK Subban and PK Subban only is what rubs me the wrong way about him. Get the feeling it was the same story for a lot of his teammates. Although in recent years it seems like he's backed off that and matured some.

Kuch goes out of his way to praise his teammates and is clearly beloved in that locker room. I thought his presser was entertaining, I watch sports to be entertained. If you didn't and thought it was classless that's fine to, at least it's generating a reaction more than the canned answers most guys give.

Reactions: Anahome

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
No. This phrase is used in Russian. They just both speak Russian. Khabib is muslim. He doesn't drink alcohol at all, and he genually trusts in God. So, nothing in common.

oh interesting I didn’t know that i guess it was kind of popularized by khabib over here then from his mma stuff

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA

What? Kuch by all accounts is a practicing Russian Orthodox. Just because he drinks, which Orthodoxy allows, doesn't reflect in anyway on his trust in god.

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
You're hearing about it right now because Kucherov just won the cup and Subban was on a temp job as a broadcaster.

You're going to hear about whoever is in the news and currently relevant.

If the Devils some how made the Finals and the Tampa Bay got swept in the first round again, I'm sure you'd hear all about Subban's veteran leadership and how there's a fractured Tampa room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->