Why is it taking so long to extend Chabot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

little BiG

Dec 6, 2018
Dont know about you guys but I'm getting a bit anxious. This is a critical piece of the FYOUS puzzle, is it not?

I have re-upped my season tix this year and while I expect to be in an empty building most of the time, I was also looking forward to watching the younger Sens players develop.

I am hoping that Chabot gets signed soon to a meaningful (5 x 5, 6 x 6, etc) contract. I would take this as a sign of faith that this franchise is trying to go in the right direction.

little BiG

Dec 6, 2018
Chabot is worth 8x8 with good signing bonus money

It’s a contract Melnyk can’t afford

I think you’ll see Chabot dealt by the draft in Montreal
That will piss me off royally if that happens. Will cnx my tix.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I don t know why is to long for negotiate a contract. But seem normal all big rfa is not sign yet and have one year for negotiate.

little BiG

Dec 6, 2018
I don t know why is to long for negotiate a contract. But seem normal all big rfa is not sign yet and have one year for negotiate.
That's fair however it would be a way to demonstrate that the team is serious about rebuilding, especially since the team has been pillaged over the past 2 years

Hun

Apr 8, 2019
Why is it taking so long to extend McAvoy?
Why is it taking so long to extend Carlo?
Why is it taking so long to extend Boeser?
Why is it taking so long to extend Marner?
They are RFAs 2019.
Chabot? RFA 2020? LOL...

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
They are RFAs 2019.
Chabot? RFA 2020? LOL...

FYOUS

They are sitting on money from the Duchene and Stone extensions

Re-invest that money into the club
Give the fan base hope?

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
That's fair however it would be a way to demonstrate that the team is serious about rebuilding, especially since the team has been pillaged over the past 2 years
Yeah completely agree and maybe boost the sale of season ticket in the same time.

Reactions: little BiG

Hun

Apr 8, 2019
FYOUS

They are sitting on money from the Duchene and Stone extensions

Re-invest that money into the club
Give the fan base hope?
And how does this affect the negotiation process?

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
And how does this affect the negotiation process?

They only have White as a RFA now
They’ve been putting money in Melnyks pocket all summer

I know I’m not buying any tickets until I see the club invest some of that saved money into the club

I’m still waiting for a President of Hockey... what happened to that ?

Hun

Apr 8, 2019
It does not depend on your desire. Negotiations will be long and difficult. And you can buy tickets when you want.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
It does not depend on your desire. Negotiations will be long and difficult. And you can buy tickets when you want.

Again where’s the president of hockey... this club refuses to spend any money

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
I am not interested in this problem. Therefore, I can not help you in this matter.

If thy can’t afford to hire a president.., they don’t have the money for Chabot

He’ll be dealt by next July... I’m calling it now

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
They are RFAs 2019.
Chabot? RFA 2020? LOL...

So....wait another year when the cap is higher and he'll demand even more? Doesn't sound like a great plan, to me.

But hey, I can think for myself. I don't need the organization to tell me what to think about everything. :)

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
They are RFAs 2019.
Chabot? RFA 2020? LOL...

Nice.

Players want more $$$

Agents want more $$$

Teams waiting it out

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
It's still early, not time to panic yet. As Hun pointed out, a lot of competent teams with money still haven't signed their RFAs for this year. It would be very hopeful thinking to get a Chabot deal done this summer. And with the teams track record you're obviously worried about what will happen next summer.

It really is going to be telling what happens with Colin White. It's the first chance to give out, not big money, but significant money; and to show that they'll actually re-up with these young guys for term once they show something.

Plus on the other side of things, would Chabot even want to sign here long term? A long term commitment to a team like ours or Arizona right now may not be in the interests of a young ambitious player that wants to win.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
There is almost 0 reason for Chabot to sign an extension before next year.

All he can do is improve is stock over the next season. Even if he had a season ending injury, he wouldn’t be any worse off than if he signed an extension this year.

little BiG

Dec 6, 2018
There is almost 0 reason for Chabot to sign an extension before next year.

All he can do is improve is stock over the next season. Even if he had a season ending injury, he wouldn’t be any worse off than if he signed an extension this year.
I actually think it could affect him negatively. He is now more well-known among the league and won't likely have the leverage and space he had last year. Plus, Ottawa is so weak I think he's an easy mark for opposing teams. Thus from a Chabot perspective he may want to lock in now, as has been the trend for good players coming out of an ELC.

What the hell do I know though? Just pointing that there may be reasons to do this from both player and management perspective. Since dollars prevail, it would make sense to try to lock him in cheaper and for longer term.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
His value at 5 + years is too much for Melnyk to swallow. I think next summer they try to qualify him using their hope for the best strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad