Why has lars eller regressed so hard.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I don't think you took into consideration how many of those points Eller got playing wing for another center...did you?

By the way, I love Eller, so much that I think he will replace Pleks. The way I see it if the Habs want to have a somewhat dominant center line in the next 3 years our centers should be: Chucky, Eller, De la Rose +whoever (maybe Gregoire). The smurf time will be officially over at that point.

No i didn't. Just add up the numbers here

highstick14*

Maybe Eller would've made a better winger than center? Only knock on Eller is his skating. Galchenyuk has the same skating problems as Eller. They seem to be missing that jump in their feet, like Gallagher or Subban.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Maybe Eller would've made a better winger than center? Only knock on Eller is his skating. Galchenyuk has the same skating problems as Eller. They seem to be missing that jump in their feet, like Gallagher or Subban.

would make a great PWF left winger, but for some odd reason he sucks at wing.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

??? That's why he's the only forwards able to skate around the O-zone freely?
Unless i'm totally blind, i think he's one of the 3 best skater on this team.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Well shoot. I guess he didn't really finish first in the speed contests the team had the last 3 years ?

I guess he's not one of our only 2 players that can skate around with the puck for days without losing it also ?

Do you even hockey?

Lions999

Jun 28, 2011
Well shoot. I guess he didn't really finish first in the speed contests the team had the last 3 years ?

I guess he's not one of our only 2 players that can skate around with the puck for days without losing it also ?

Do you even hockey?

Wow Eller can skate..........

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011

Do you even hockey?

Sure lars can skate with the puck all day long.its what he does or doesnt do with the puck that makes him what he is.I dont get this thread either.doesnt regress mean to get worse? He has been average at best his whole career.not sure it would be possible for him to get worse.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
re-unite the EGG line, leave them together all year, give them the 2nd PP unit duties (at least until they force the issue to be the #1 unit), and watch eller put up a 25g/60pt+ season.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Sure lars can skate with the puck all day long.its what he does or doesnt do with the puck that makes him what he is.I dont get this thread either.doesnt regress mean to get worse? He has been average at best his whole career.not sure it would be possible for him to get worse.

This thread started when Eller started his mega-slump.

And as for being average his whole carreer...well, he was better than Desharnais in 12-13.
Was our best center in the first 30 games of this year....and was our best forward in the PO. If he's average at best, what it means for the others...cause for the last 2 years, Eller was our best center 65% of the time

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
This thread started when Eller started his mega-slump.

And as for being average his whole carreer...well, he was better than Desharnais in 12-13.
Was our best center in the first 30 games of this year....and was our best forward in the PO. If he's average at best, what it means for the others...cause for the last 2 years, Eller was our best center 65% of the time

A 26 point -15 season makes him nowhere near our best center.time for him to step up large .only problem is if he struggles mightily again he will have little value.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I liked how Eller performed in the POs and I don't see why he can't build on that. Of course it would help if MT stabilized the lines.

P.S. I certainly wouldn't want to undo the Halak trade.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
A 26 point -15 season makes him nowhere near our best center.time for him to step up large .only problem is if he struggles mightily again he will have little value.

Arbitration really ?

That guy has no case

This is his case. He's been just as productive as both Desharnais and Plekanec.

Since the Therrien/Bergevin era began this is the even strength production of our centers.

Desharnais: 64pts in 149 games
Plekanec: 56pts in 150 games
Eller: 57pts in 141 games

Eller has outproduced Plekanec and is 7pts behind Desharnais. Does anyone seriously doubt that playing with Pacioretty wouldn't more than cover those 7pts, let alone the zone starts that DD gets.

This whole Eller doesn't have the offensive potential, or he's too inconsistent is complete BS. Eller deserves a real shot in the top-6.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
How can we give Eller a top six role without trading Desharnais?

Desharnais was fine as a third line center in his rookie year, would Prust/Bourque be that much different from Pouliot/Darche?

I also think Desharnais would work fine as a winger.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

BUT the season before that, which also count....he was better than Desharnais.
AND in the first AND last part of the season.....he was better than Desharnais.

And, as you pointed out, there's a huge part where he completely sucked.
But as DD....can it be just a slump? Yes it was a big one....

Arbitration really ?

That guy has no case

Technical move by both Eller and Subban.
And as for the case, he did lead the habs in many areas and close to others.

Forlando

Nov 14, 2007
Agreed.

Pacioretty-DD-Parenteau
Chucky-Eller-Gally
Bourque-Plekanec-whoever

Give the EGG line second unit PP duty.

If Eller can produce and be responsible on D, he should take over the 2nd line role and that means Plekanec is expendable. Lars is cheaper, younger, stronger, meaner. H needs to become more consistent, more reliable on D and improve his decision making with the puck which are Pleks strong points.

However, many analysts believe Eller is 3rd line material, this next season is critical and will define his role in the team IMHO.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
If Eller can produce and be responsible on D, he will take over the 2nd line role and that means Plekanec is expendable. Lars is cheaper, younger, stronger, meaner. H needs to become more consistent, more reliable on D and improve his decision making with the puck which are Pleks strong points.

Not sure why people think like this. You want as many successful two-way players as possible. One does not make another expendable.

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
If Eller can produce and be responsible on D, he should take over the 2nd line role and that means Plekanec is expendable. Lars is cheaper, younger, stronger, meaner. H needs to become more consistent, more reliable on D and improve his decision making with the puck which are Pleks strong points.

However, many analysts believe Eller is 3rd line material, this next season is critical and will define his role in the team IMHO.

Of course eller is cheaper he hasnt done anything to warrant a high paying contract. As for plex he is by far our best shutdown center.lars is nowhere near him defensively.as for being mean and strong , I dont see that at all in lars eller.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad