Why has lars eller regressed so hard.

Lemons

Mar 26, 2008
There is no reason why this guy isn't a gabriel landeskog for us. His hockey IQ rivals that of a local park mallard and it seems hes just a "floater" on the ice. Does he need more talented linemates ? Honestly i really feel montreal is not a good fit for him.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Gretzky would suffer if Rene Bourque was his winger majority of the time...

Eller has no confidence right now and been awhile since MT has given him a serious chance to build any, why not try Vanek Eller Briere for a few games?

Vanek & Briere played together a bit in Buff and Eller/Vanek would be a couple of big bodies that should draw weaker defense assignments and give us 3 scoring lines

Need to figure out what we have in Lars come the offseason and either move him or re-sign

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Eller needs to stop playing with 3-4th liners. Guys like Rene Bourque, Travis Moen, Brandon Prust, Ryan White, and Dany Briere (at his age) won't produce. On top of that Therrien wants Eller to shutdown other team's top lines (apparently management thinks he's a poor Jordan Staal) and we play "grinding system". If I was Eller I would ask for a trade.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Gretzky would suffer if Rene Bourque was his winger majority of the time...

Eller has no confidence right now and been awhile since MT has given him a serious chance to build any, why not try Vanek Eller Briere for a few games?

Vanek & Briere played together a bit in Buff and Eller/Vanek would be a couple of big bodies that should draw weaker defense assignments and give us 3 scoring lines

Need to figure out what we have in Lars come the offseason and either move him or re-sign

actually Gretzky would make Bourque into a 40 goal scorer even if Bourque misses 200 open net chances.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
Eller needs to stop playing with 3-4th liners. Guys like Rene Bourque, Travis Moen, Brandon Prust, Ryan White, and Dany Briere (at his age) won't produce. On top of that Therrien wants Eller to shutdown other team's top lines (apparently management thinks he's a poor Jordan Staal) and we play "grinding system". If I was Eller I would ask for a trade.

Briere has 12 less games played and same pts as Eller while avg 12mins of TOI/G vs Eller's 16 TOI/G .. Briere has nothing to do with Ellers bad production

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
Eller was reunited with Galchenyuk and Gallagher at practice yesterday.
If the lines stays like this for the game against Ottawa, that will probably make or break for Eller.
He's good as gone if he can't take this last chance, and I think a change of scenery will do him good if that's the case

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
It alwas has been a confidence issue with Eller, he had confidence at the beginning of the season, but then Therrien ****ed up the EGG line so that DD line could produce... since then, Eller did almost nothing noteworthy... so yeah, Therrien...

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
What annoys me the most is the great lengths the coaching staff went to to get Desharnais out of his miserable slump, yet when Eller is slumping, nothing changes for him. I really get the feeling he isn't being helped one on one with his issues. It shows in his confidence. I don't think his IQ is as bad as people make out, he's just not on board with whatever "system" this team is using.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
The simple fact is Eller just simply isn't that good. He's basically a modern day Jan Bulis. The only difference is that this time Eller is content being Bulis and its the fans who thinks he's better.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
The simple fact is Eller just simply isn't that good. He's basically a modern day Jan Bulis. The only difference is that this time Eller is content being Bulis and its the fans who thinks he's better.

Bulis, damn forgot about him... I still think Eller could be better, but, he most probably will become Bulis no 2, agreed.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Eller is like Bulis because they both one scored 4 goals in a game -- great argument.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Eller was reunited with Galchenyuk and Gallagher at practice yesterday.
If the lines stays like this for the game against Ottawa, that will probably make or break for Eller.
He's good as gone if he can't take this last chance, and I think a change of scenery will do him good if that's the case

Agreed. Playing with Gallagher and Galchenyuk might be overdue, but it's time to stop whining about lost opportunity and pounce on the current opportunity. At some point, you have to stop playing the bad-linemate card. Eller was misused, but so have other players who've eventually worked their way back up.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
One game for EGG is not a good sample size. Therrien should give them 6 or 7 games.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
One game for EGG is not a good sample size. Therrien should give them 6 or 7 games.

That would be perfect. Thing is, the lines keep being juggled like an Ed Sullivan novelty act. If the EGG line gets scrambled it'll be business as usual, not some anti-Eller campaign.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
What annoys me the most is the great lengths the coaching staff went to to get Desharnais out of his miserable slump, yet when Eller is slumping, nothing changes for him. I really get the feeling he isn't being helped one on one with his issues. It shows in his confidence. I don't think his IQ is as bad as people make out, he's just not on board with whatever "system" this team is using.
Something changed because we weren't winning. Then it changed and we started winning, hence why it stayed that way.

Problem is, we stopped winning and nothing changed this time. That's the frustrating thing.

Bulis was content being himself until his father infested his mind. Sucks, because Bulis was one of the best third liners we've had in years.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
He needs to play with players who have decent offensive talent and can play a posession/cycle game. The only two wingers on the team who fit that description are Patches and Gallagher.

Briere and Galchenyuk (for now) are too easily knocked off the puck. Bourque is a complete disaster. Pust and Moen have little offensive talent.

If we could pick up a big two-way winger like Jenner or Berglund to play beside Eller, I'm sure we'd see his production increase and it would finally give us a line that can match up with some of the bigger lines out there that always seem to kill us. ie. Malkin/Neal, Schenn/Simmonds, Getzlaf/Perry, Kopitar/Brown, Thornton/Burns, Steen/Backes/Oshie etc.

For now, I'm willing to bet reuniting him with Gallagher will be a good spark.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
It's just as much Eller's job to bring out the best in his linemates.

Agreed. I thought that they all brought the best in each other. Galchenyuk lost a step too once that line was broken up. The only one to continue having success was Gallagher, and he was playing with Pacioretty and Desharnais.

Masuli

May 8, 2013
Turku, Finland
Eller is in bad situation. We have too many centers and he can be utilized right. He was the producing C at the start of the season but was sacrificed for DD. And since DD is the offensive, Plex is the defending Eller falls as the grinder in 3rd line.

Eller is good with the puck and he needs the puck to produce. Our teams dump and chase does not fit him because when ever we enter the zone we give the puck away. I have no doubt he would do good in team that forechecks hard and dominates posession.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad