Why Don't I Like Jack Hughes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
I preface this with saying I am a Rangers fan.

However, I have always been able to separate a player from when they are on the ice and off. The Devils are a team I do not like...hate may be more appropriate. But how could you not love a player like Patrick Elias or Ken Daneyko.

When Mike Peluso started crying on the bench as the Devils were about to win the Cup, I got emotional. I should have felt rage, but I actually shed a tear.

I have never warmed up to Lundqvist. I dislike Messier to the extreme. I found Richter to be quite annoying away from the rink- a know-it-all. It was guys like Adam Graves and Mats Zuch that I loved.

Am I alone in thinking Jack Hughes has a grating way about him...a smugness. Yes, you need self confidence to be great, but what is it that Jack is doing that sours me?

Crosby had me feeling the same way as I do for Hughes, but he matured and is now a guy I like a lot. Just curious if there are others who feel the same.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I am a Rangers fan.
I have never warmed up to Lundqvist. I dislike Messier to the extreme.

giphy.gif

Also, I have no idea what I just read.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Um how would you like him to change so your more welcoming of him? This is sarcasm if you didn't realize it. Who cares is he good is all that matters and he's not a physcho is a bonus.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Uncle Dru

Formerly Kakk Addict
Mar 12, 2012
I started to sour on him the second Devil fans started calling him Jack.

Still kinda like him though...

Reactions: romba

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
[mod] Are you referring to his behind the scenes or what off ice stuff do you have to compare him to sofar? What examples do you have of him off ice that implies him being smug and/or over confident?

Last edited by a moderator:

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I preface this with saying I am a Rangers fan.

However, I have always been able to separate a player from when they are on the ice and off. The Devils are a team I do not like...hate may be more appropriate. But how could you not love a player like Patrick Elias or Ken Daneyko.

When Mike Peluso started crying on the bench as the Devils were about to win the Cup, I got emotional. I should have felt rage, but I actually shed a tear.

I have never warmed up to Lundqvist. I dislike Messier to the extreme. I found Richter to be quite annoying away from the rink- a know-it-all. It was guys like Adam Graves and Mats Zuch that I loved.

Am I alone in thinking Jack Hughes has a grating way about him...a smugness. Yes, you need self confidence to be great, but what is it that Jack is doing that sours me?

Crosby had me feeling the same way as I do for Hughes, but he matured and is now a guy I like a lot. Just curious if there are others who feel the same.

I feel the same. He's got zero likeability in his personality for me, I certain air of entitlement that turns me away from being able to ever cheer for him. As soon as I heard his draft interview, I instantly disliked him lol

Omark

Tesla stock
Aug 5, 2011
Espoo, Finland
Opener! We are extremely similar in this! I felt your post 100%. I also hate Jack Hughes' personality: everything he does is so f'ing tilting. The way he turned his back to Kakko and talked to that #3 draft when those three were in the same room showed what kind of person he is. It's insane how opposite he is from Kakko - who is the most kind and precious human being i have ever seen. It literally makes my cry when I start to think Kakko's personality.

Lundqvist is a bit tilting also, maybe because he has zero character. But he has a soul I think.

There is two players in the NHL who has no soul: Nikita Kucherov and Leon Draisaitl. These two humans are terryfying.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
giphy.gif

Also, I have no idea what I just read.

Sorry about the confusion.

In short, I want to know if other people find Hughes to be difficult to like. It has little to do with the jersey he wears- as much as that may be hard to believe.

I hate organizations, not players.

I dislike quite a few Rangers, especially the ones that came to NY to "retire."

I can like Parise, Niedermayer and Rick Nash- they come across as good guys. Stevens, Brodeur and yes, Messier, not so much. (Messier became a mercenary, Stevens never reached out to Paul Kariya after the late, high hit in the Finals..and Brodeur with a shady family history...)

Jack is just a kid. He is probably going to be great. I just find him tough to like...and this was long before the draft lottery.

Am I alone in finding him tough to like at this point?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Opener! We are extremely similar in this! I felt your post 100%. I also hate Jack Hughes' personality: everything he does is so f'ing tilting. The way he turned his back to Kakko and talked to that #3 draft when those three were in the same room showed what kind of person he is. It's insane how opposite he is from Kakko - who is the most kind and precious human being i have ever seen. It literally makes my cry when I start to think Kakko's personality.

Lundqvist is a bit tilting also, maybe because he has zero character. But he has a soul I think.

There is two players in the NHL who has no soul: Nikita Kucherov and Leon Draisaitl. These two humans are terryfying.
Or maybe Kirby Dach speaks english and Kakko has a tough time?

Jack was as social as you could expect to be with a Fin whos making his first arrival in the states. And even then Kaapo himself was reserved from everyone, not just Jack (who by the way got sick of being asked about Jack and vice-versa)

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
As a devils fan I’m happy to hear that a Rags fan doesn’t like our future star player.

Really talking beyond the jersey. I really like a lot of Devil players.

I love Subban. Going to be fun to have him in the metro area. Unique personality made for 2019.

Something puts me off Hughes. Just curious if I am alone in feeling that.

(And yes I love Lundqvist- he has soul. However, there is something awkward about him that leaves you wanting more. He does a lot of charity work that you never hear of. There is a distance about him.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad