Why Don't I Like Jack Hughes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Wow I couldn't take this thread after 2 pages and it somehow managed 7 pages of non sense to which I didn't read. Even though some content was funny :laugh:

Shame on me for adding more.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Shrug, I think a Hughes type's a lot more entertaining than a McDavid type. Yeah, I probably wouldn't want to be friends with that type of people, but it's still entertaining to follow and I'm glad they exist in the hockey scene, which is so dull and boring when it comes to personalities most of the time.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I feel like that about McDavid. There is something snotty arrogant about him, that lack of smile, his body language, just his overall demeanor.. etc.
[Hughes ... ]
McDavid on the other hand is cocky with ice cold arrogance.
I will never forget his facial expression after Hall won the Hart.

I always feel this kinds of judgements tells more about the judge.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
He just seems awkward and unsure on top of probably wanting a bigger personal space. Like awkward Keanu Reaves.
He always has that deer in headlights thing. Could be just an introvert, and he is young.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Remember how much criticism Ovie got for his "arrogant personality" back in the day? And how much praise Sid got for being a good Canadian boy? Let Hughes, Kakko, and everyone else play in the NHL for a few years. Then we can decide. I can tell you that Hughes family's behavior at the draft was very different from that of Troy Crosby back in the day, and the Tkachuks recently. I thought Jack was nervous - and wasn't sure how to act. He was not a sure bet to go #1. He deserves a lot of credit for keeping things together.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad