WC: Why don't Europeans believe Canadians when...

• Thread starter OttawaRoughRiderFan*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
World Championships are great. Lots of teams, wish it got more promotion from the organizers. BUT. It's simply not a best-on-best tournament. I care about how Canada does in the World Juniors and Olympics...that is a best on best tourney. World Championships are nice to win but I wouldn't care if we lost unless teams were dressing their best. It's a bit idiotic the IIHF uses this as a basis for ranking but it doesn't really matter what the rankings are...everyone knows the score. I just feel bad for Team Finland dressing essentially what is the Jokerit team against some good national teams.

The most Pejorative Slured thing is..is that the World Championship and the Olympics have the same point structure when it comes to the rankings. It's embarrassing to be very honest. The Olympic winner should be awarded at LEAST double the points that the winner of the World Championship would be. Just compare every country's roster from the Olympics to this tournament and it's laughable

Like Canada's roster looks NOTHING like their best..and nothing like a team that you would think the "World Championship" would garner. Olympics all day everyday when it comes to who's the best.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I believe most Canadians don't care, since im losing interest as well.

And im from Finland where WC's are still very important. But if Finland finished last this year i wouldn't care that much, other than read all the rant news.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
Just compare every country's roster from the Olympics to this tournament and it's laughable
which is why it makes no sense to judge a country's talent from this tournament

the Olympics is where it matters
it's where the NHL is shut off for one tournament !

quartus

May 11, 2011
The most Pejorative Slured thing is..is that the World Championship and the Olympics have the same point structure when it comes to the rankings. It's embarrassing to be very honest. The Olympic winner should be awarded at LEAST double the points that the winner of the World Championship would be. Just compare every country's roster from the Olympics to this tournament and it's laughable

Like Canada's roster looks NOTHING like their best..and nothing like a team that you would think the "World Championship" would garner. Olympics all day everyday when it comes to who's the best.

Why?

It's not exactly IIHF's fault that countries send sub-par rosters to the WHC. If Canada or other countries can't get players from the NHL that's on them, not the IIHF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad