Why does everybody hate the Leafs?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
  • Largest fanbase in the hockey world
  • Loyalest fanbase; never abandoned their team even when the chips were down for a decade
  • Drafted Kadri, Rielly
  • Shanahan joins the Leafs
  • then drafted Nylander
  • Babcock joins the Leafs
  • then drafted Marner
  • then drafted Matthews

AND NOW
  • Tavares joins the Leafs as a UFA

CRY HfBoards CRY

Your Anguish Sustains the Leafs Nation

Laughing-animated-The_Joker-Batman-laughing-o.gif

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
The media doesn't ram the Leafs down the throats of anyone. They are business; their main interest is selling their product, people, to advertisers. The reason they have more Leafs covererage is because they can make more money for their shareholders. The demand is there ortherwise it wouldn't happen.
This. But haters will continue to be ignorant and ignore this. They do not want to admit how popular and powerfull the Leafs are. They just want to think al the networks love the Leafs and Winnipeg Jets would get the same ratings.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
This. But haters will continue to be ignorant and ignore this. They do not want to admit how popular and powerfull the Leafs are. They just want to think al the networks love the Leafs and Winnipeg Jets would get the same ratings.
Precisely!

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Well I think everybody is wrong because it's the minority that hates us as we are hockey.
Leafs nation is global.
That said I think it's normal to hate a rival team. I sure do and read enough on here to know lots of other posters to too.
If a player from another team posts her they get flash mobbed :laugh:

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
Largest fan base, most arenas in the NHL are full of Leafs Jerseys and alot of other buildings Leafs fans drown out the home crowds chants with GO LEAFS GO makes most Leafs games a home game even though their out of town lol. Guess the other fans just can't cope with that reality.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Y'all know this. We got the money, the power and the talent. Everythang in the world that it has to offer. And all the fans in the WORLD. We have it all in our grasp. We have greatness in our grasp. Other fools want to be us like the other man said. That's real hard dirt right there. :clap: I'm really clappin my hands over here as we speak. Right now I'm clappin.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
That "who takes the biggest step back next year" thread on the main boards really is something else. Main board neutral fans trying to convince us how big of losses JVR, Bozak and Komarov are is beyond hilarious.

I really, REALLY wish someone would have started a "JVR+Bozak+Komarov for John Tavares" trade proposal thread back in March. It would have made things so much better.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
That "who takes the biggest step back next year" thread on the main boards really is something else. Main board neutral fans trying to convince us how big of losses JVR, Bozak and Komarov are is beyond hilarious.

I really, REALLY wish someone would have started a "JVR+Bozak+Komarov for John Tavares" trade proposal thread back in March. It would have made things so much better.
People are competing in dumb in that thread. I mean, one of the best arguments for the Leafs regressing in that thread is that the same things that could happen to any team could also happen to us. Which isn't a very good reason for singling us out.

Reactions: The Apologist

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
Because other teams fans ditch their team when they are losing and we stand loyal and #standwitness to our team. And once Panarin comes here everyone will hate us more, and once we win the cup people will hate us even MORE. #standwitness #godsplan

Reactions: david999

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Hate? everybody love the leafs . Some have a hard time to express it.
But whats not to love. Maple good, Leafs good . Together realy good.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016

My favourite is Leo Komorov with his 19 points and being a healthy scratch in the playoffs is going to be a huge loss. There is simply no other team that lost a plug like that that would be mentioned, let alone hyped up as some big loss.
Last year Leafs were top choice as well. Their "Health" was vastly overhyped and that was supposed to mean in 17-18 they'd regress badly.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
People hate the leafs because Satan is winning. He has corrupted souls. As Leaf fans, we must stand up with our love for humanity and ensure his corrupted spawn do not infect anyone else.
The threat is real. One day you are enjoying the leaf game and the next, you notice your child is wearing a Montreal Canadian jersey. I have heard this actually happening.
Stay vigilant Leaf missionaries

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
that thread about how the Leafs are shit and will never win anything is pretty interesting. it's amazing how people can get away with blatant trolling as long as it's directed towards the Leafs

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
As a Canucks fan, I'm also not sure why the Leafs are so hated.

To me, Leaf fans have always come across as being very polite, humble, and sincere. Although they are the biggest city in Canada, I have never gotten the impression that the city or the media in Toronto feel as though they are superior.

My only advice to Toronto sports fans is as follows: Rise above hate. If you're being hated on, it's because you're relevant. In a sense, the hatred coming your way is a hidden compliment.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Matthews is the most overrated player according to the mainboards.

Can't wait for the whining when Matthews is beasting and that thread inevitably gets bumped.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Dear lord that's just embarassing :laugh:

Can they atleast wait for the Sabres not to finish dead ****ing last before they start breaking out the Leafs comparisons?
the idea that the gap between Rielly and Dahlin going forward will be bigger than Skinner vs Marner is arguably the stupidest thing i've ever seen. man people are getting dumb about their Leafs hate

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
the idea that the gap between Rielly and Dahlin going forward will be bigger than Skinner vs Marner is arguably the stupidest thing i've ever seen. man people are getting dumb about their Leafs hate

I can't even consider it trolling, it's just way too stupid. Jeff god damn Skinner?! The 26 year old who's best years are 95% likely behind him? It's also cute how they're still pretending Eichel might be as good as Matthews one day, LOL @ the "higher ceiling" BS that always gets thrown Eichel's way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad