Why does everybody hate the Leafs?

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...ner-dahlin-which-trio-for-the-future.2524847/
this is a good poll to prove the anti-Leafs bias on these boards

Death, taxes, and the Sabres inexplicably beating the Leafs in a "who would you take in the future" poll despite never proving they're anywhere close. :rolleyes:

If Dahlin isn't a Norris candidate year one there's going to be a lot of disappointed fans on here. And it's not as if Rielly is finished developing. His best years are yet to come.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wafflewhipper

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Matthews is the most overrated player according to the mainboards.

Can't wait for the whining when Matthews is beasting and that thread inevitably gets bumped.
Yet on another thread, he deserves more than McDavid by so same people.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Older fan here, I can assure you, when I was a young kid, it was cool to be a Leaf fan, but the Ballard years? It was heeeeeorrrrible to be a Leaf fan. Awful. My best friend growing up, became Leaf Gm, and to see how he was limited by Ballard, was awful as well.

But my DNA was infected with blue and white blood and I have waited for a Shanahan for a long, long time. Thankfully he is here now. And all seems to be going very well.

I would like a better defence and I am not sold on Fred Andersson, although to the poor kids defence I think Babcock overplayed him in the regular season.

Are we Cup contenders? Depends on our defence. Totally..... The forwards will obviously get a lot of work done.

I like this Dubas kid a lot, I think he will fire Babcock's ass if the idiot keeps making bizarre and strange personnel decisions, MLSE has the kind of dough to be able to stomach that.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
You musn't confuse hate with secretly green with envy but masked as hate. There are only 2 teams in Canada , Leafs and not leafs.

Last edited:
Reactions: puckbunnygirl

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
.... Right now the not Leafs are very unhappy.They didn't get Tavares. Will Buffalo's domination of Toronto continue with a healthy Eichel and now Skinner and Dahlin?

Last edited:

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Matthews is the most overrated player according to the mainboards.

Can't wait for the whining when Matthews is beasting and that thread inevitably gets bumped.

It doesn't matter how good a Leafs player is. Matthews could have a 50 goal, 40 assist, 90 point season and majority of people on the main boards will STILL claim he's inferior to other young stars.

It is bitter and irrational denial that is rooted in envy and disbelief.. disbelief that the Leafs have actually managed to build themselves up to a respectable hockey team once again and in such a short time span.

- They said we'd never get out of the basement
- They said we'd ruin all our draft picks
- They said we'd never win Matthews or develop Nylander/Marner correctly.
- They said we'd never get Babcock
- They said we'd never get Tavares

List goes on and on really, this has all happened before their eyes and it's genuinely been painful for the haters to witness.

Reactions: puckbunnygirl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad