Speculation: Why can't Scott Hartnell get a contract?

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Im sure he could get the minimum and a 4th line agitator role but if Nashville isn't offering is it worth moving again for that

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
There's no point in signing him because you would rather give that roster spot to a young player to develop.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
He's got $1.25 million per year for the next 3 years still coming to him from his CBJ buyout, so I could see him sign for a league minimum deal during training camp or early in the season to replace an injured player.

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
He's the type of player I'd prefer rather then see just a young green guy who is a cheap plug in and can skate. Hopefully the next CBA changes so teams dont rush young players and give them time in the ahl. And have vets play a lil longer. The league is like soccer on ice sad to see another physical player gone.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
You would think that he’d be able to fill in on someone’s 4th line bringing some scoring, physicality/agitation, and leadership abilities.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Pittsburgh will sign him to 1 year / $900,000 then he will play inspired hockey and put up 20-15-35 with 100 pims. On a side note Andrew Ladd and his $32 million dollar contract will not match my Hartnell scoring prediction .

LGI

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Hartnell is 'good in the room' as a leader from all reports. But league is getting younger and faster every season. And injuries and years have taken their toll on this player. Might have to accept a two-way deal from somebody, and work his way back up from the minors.

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
He's the type of player I'd prefer rather then see just a young green guy who is a cheap plug in and can skate. Hopefully the next CBA changes so teams dont rush young players and give them time in the ahl. And have vets play a lil longer. The league is like soccer on ice sad to see another physical player gone.
But can he keep up to the point he can even be physical anymore? I admit I haven't watched much of him the last couple years but even at the tail end of his Philly tendure he really seemed to be slowing down pace wise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad