Why are we ****ty, Dad? Because we have to chase the entire Western Conference.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
That never gets old. :biglaugh:
That one and the Andy Sutton "expert" clip I watch every time someone posts them.

The soft part is the best. It's like he knows what he wants to say and he almost reconsiders saying it, but then in a span of half a second his brain is like "screw these guys, I'm gonna throw them under the bus."

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I wish people would stop buying tickets. This is probably the best time to start doing that. Katz would flip if people stopped going to games, with the new arena on the way he's pretty much all in. Can't really threaten us with going to Seattle anymore and I have to wonder if Seattle would support such a terrible organization. Media in Seattle would have so much fun with bozos like Kevin Lowe. It's not like they would be locking out Seattle media for asking tough questions, that would kill their image in a new city. They are all in with Edmonton.

I think it's time for our billionaire owner to wake up and turn this organization around. He's money motivated so there's really only one way to make him listen.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I wish people would stop buying tickets. This is probably the best time to start doing that. Katz would flip if people stopped going to games, with the new arena on the way he's pretty much all in. Can't really threaten us with going to Seattle anymore and I have to wonder if Seattle would support such a terrible organization. Media in Seattle would have so much fun with bozos like Kevin Lowe. It's not like they would be locking out Seattle media for asking tough questions, that would kill their image in a new city. They are all in with Edmonton.

I think it's time for our billionaire owner to wake up and turn this organization around. He's money motivated so there's really only one way to make him listen.

Knowing this team's luck, they'd probably panic over empty seats and get fleeced on a bunch of dumb trades.

Then we'd watch like Yakupov or Hall go lift a Cup in Pittsburgh or somewhere else in a couple of years.

M Ace

Apr 12, 2010
Orebro, Sweden
The fact that they're partying at The Rack is pretty sad.

At my former work we had Finland cruises with all the employes once a year and we got drunk, laughed and had a great time together. We never had a fight or and big argues at the hospital because of that. On my current hospital work, all we do is arguing and are not on the same page.

I think quality time outside work with some alcohol included and no work related talk can be good for the motivation going forward!

weems

Jul 3, 2008
We outplayed the Leafs and almost doubled them in shots. You guys need to step off the ledge for a second. Their goalie had a legend status game and if he played like an average goalie we would have fun. You should win almost every game where you get that many more shots.

Let's not get carried away. Reimer played well but its not like he was unconscious or anything. The Oilers put up alot of shots but they didnt have a boatload of prime scoring chances.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
This team is so pathetic! I'm completely sick of them! How can you come out that flat in front of your own fans? If I was there I would boo them out of the building every night until they get the point and start to do something! I would have asked for my money back! No one on either team even broke a sweat. We could have just given them the 2pts on Monday and saved everyone the trouble. If I lived in the city I'd want the press to start making a stink about this garbage pathetic Jekyll and Hyde team. Why is Eakins matching Gagner, who more than likely isn't game ready, and Yak, the worst defensive forward they have, against the Kessel line? They got schooled all game. Both went -4.
Kessel played great. Phanuef had a good game. Reimer was just OK. The stats make it look like he played well, but he was not positionally sound, gave up bad rebounds and had to be continuously saved by his D, which he was, otherwise that game changes quickly.
Only bright spot for the Oilers was Bachman. Yes he let in 4, but none were his fault. He kept us in it as long as he could but when you don't see the players in front of you competing, sometimes you just fold yourself. Brilliant Eakins will probably start a different goalie next game instead of the one who can actually stop pucks. 43 shots by the Oilers, really? Maybe 5 decent scoring chances. So sick of this team!

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Oh no kidding. Even the Krueger and Eakins hirings are naive.

Preaching to the choir again. I've been against the rebuild since day one, posted long and loud on that topic and how collecting draft picks was no way to win anything. I was one of the few posters here to post repeatedly that Souray's "bad influence" was just the excuse Tamby used to when he tried to end Souray's NHL career. The real motivation of course was to soothe his bruised ego and help along the tank at the same time - with Katz's blessing of course.
And as for Burke, I would have welcomed him. I'm not too down on MacT yet though. I think he did make a reasonable number of positive moves in spite of the fact that he obviously flubbed the backup signing.

Yeah, its odd how few people realized that Sourays statements were accurate and probably warranted. Rare honesty surfaced in that. Club gets the pitchforks and tar out.

Everything Souray stated had merit.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
Leaf fan here. You guys didn't play that bad. Chances were in favor of the oilers even before score effects in the third. Your forecheck and speed was causing lots of problems for the leafs D. No that the leafs are all that great I think they are a bubble team with some clutch guys.

Kessel and Reimer were the difference.

I have to wonder what Eakins was thinking when he took this on. He is betting his career on your young guns being more than they have shown so far.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
We seen exactly why Toronto wins games while getting out shot and/or out chanced. Simply elite level shooters burying chances.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
We seen exactly why Toronto wins games while getting out shot and/or out chanced. Simply elite level shooters burying chances.

Oilers hit two posts that end up going the other way and ended up in the back of the Edmonton net. That's pure luck.

mactforcoach

Nov 18, 2008
Drayton Valley Ab
Was at the game last night and let me tell you it's not easy to sit there while your team gets schooled and 10,000 Leaf fans are chanting Go Leafs Go! (I was one of those who left with 5 minutes to go just to beat the traffic)
Last nights loss falls mostly on Dallas Eakin's shoulders. He is in over his head here coaching against true NHL coaches. As many others mentioned why would you play Gagner against there top scoring threat who was having a career night for the whole game? Kessel was dialed in last night anyone could see that and someone like Gordon should have been matched against him not Gagner and Yaks. Eakins has this stubborn streak about him where he is going to make everyone a world class player that can play in every situation.
He needs to understand this is not the AHL and his prime purpose is not to simply develop young talent. This is the NHL a results driven business. If he goes 25-50-10 or some terrible record this year with his experiment heads will roll (or at least they should) So far he's done nothing but take this team backwards, our special teams have been much worse and 5 on 5 we score once in a while if luck is on our side.
Does he need a goalie? Sure but so did Kruger. Is the D a mess? Yep same as Kruger had yet he was at least able to get our PP up near the top of the league and our PK was mid level. YOu can't continue to play your top talent 23-26 minutes a night when they are getting ragged dolled by bigger, older, and stronger players and then consider that healthy for there development.
I don't know everyone says we need a goalie, a #1D man, a more physical winger, I tend to agree but I honestly don't see it happening. Trades are not easy in this league and right now the Oilers are pretty exposed to 29 other teams on the trade front.
So if Hall, Perron, and Smyth would have been playing last night, do we win that game? Cause that's as good as we're going to get this year. I'll bet Detroit can't wait for Saturday night.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
One thing was very apparent last night. Trading yak or eberle for a Chris Pronger isn't the answer. The only answer if you are making a deal is to trade more than one of the kids. The easier option is for these kids to realize that after 4 coaches maybe they should listen to the coach and take in what he is saying.

What good is moving one if the rest still play like a bunch of junior kids? These kids need to learn to play two-way hockey all the time sooner rather than later. Making 1 or 2 smart defensive plays doesn't save you in a game like yesterday.

There is a lot of bad footage to learn from yesterday, but one very good play that I hope they play and show the d-men what they should be when pinching. Petry had one pinch were he hit the hash marks looked back and got back to his spot. Far too often our d-men aren't even looking and they are behind the goaline. Can't assume that our forwards are going to cover, take the quick look for yourself and don't get caught.

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
Oilers hit two posts that end up going the other way and ended up in the back of the Edmonton net. That's pure luck.

Ah yes, unlucky. It's not like the forwards could ever recognize a D-man attacking the net and back him up so they don't go 2 or 3 on 1 the other way. That wouldn't be Oilers hockey.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
So we keep losing because of pure luck, isn't that nice. So once we just get some luck apparently we will be good again. How long should we wait for that friend?

That particular instance was an example of the kind of luck the leafs have been riding all season. That was the point. :teach:

hmminvisiblecola1279

there are kids in it
Jul 9, 2002
no thanks
Visit site
That particular instance was an example of the kind of luck the leafs have been riding all season. That was the point. :teach:

Trying to deflect your true intention, right out of the Oilers playbook. I know the Oilers organization can do no wrong in your eyes perhaps you could tell me how luck will change our record around. How is it Moose our record is worse than years previous? Hmm how is special teams worse?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Ah yes, unlucky. It's not like the forwards could ever recognize a D-man attacking the net and back him up so they don't go 2 or 3 on 1 the other way. That wouldn't be Oilers hockey.

Schultz needs to pick his spots. How can they expect a forward to go back when the 3 forwards are all pretty much in deep the same? Schultz can't be getting caught behind the net either. Not unless he 100% sees a guy back there.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

So theres nothing other than luck in your opinion that accounts for the leafs record and success this season or last? Riding luck longterm? How scientific.

Don't think you're teaching anything here.

SLURVE

Oct 20, 2011
Oilers must have given up at least 3 goals and a few more chances from defending a 2 on 1. Why do we keep giving up odd man rushes and let the other team bury us from 2 on 1s? I wonder if MacT ever wondered if he should have kept Kreuger as coach in the first place and Eakins as assist. coach (for at least one more year)? Perhaps that was the bold move after all...

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Schultz needs to pick his spots. How can they expect a forward to go back when the 3 forwards are all pretty much in deep the same? Schultz can't be getting caught behind the net either. Not unless he 100% sees a guy back there.

If Schultz knew how to "pick his spots" I very much doubt he'd be here..:p:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
*Looks for where he said that*
*scratches head*
*closes browser*

Well then, quantify and substantiate this statement;

Moose Coleman said:
"That particular instance was an example of the kind of luck the leafs have been riding all season. That was the point."

Shouldn't be hard, plus that offering some validity to the statement would be what you generally expect from other posters.

Are the leafs wearing rabbits feet, lucky charms, is pyramid power involved again? Do tell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad