Why are the Ducks of Anaheim so hated on Hockey's Future?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Why would Getzlaf be in the HHOF?

Cuz he was a secondary player on the Pronger-Selanne-Niedermeyer cup?

Getzlaf is a good player, but he's not Hall of fame worthy.
I'm not seeing it either. Could be argued as a top 5 player in his draft, but not a HOFer in my books.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Hall of very good.

No hardware/passenger on a cup with 3x first ballot HOFers.

Btw his PPG will go down with age.
Led forwards in ice time(played a min and a half more than 2nd) and points(2nd in goals) on cup run, passenger btw

I don't mind if you don't think getzlaf deserves to be in HOF... but to say he was a passenger on the cup team is wrong.

Reactions: Yemeth and Mallard

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Hall of very good.

No hardware/passenger on a cup with 3x first ballot HOFers.

Btw his PPG will go down with age.
Are we talking about the Hall of Fame or Hall of Winning the Cup? Also, he did lead the team in scoring in those cup winning playoffs and he has .97 PPG in PO as well so your arguments are both wrong and bad.

And everybody's PPG will go down with age, both guys above him and below him. How is that argument relevant.

The last thing is last, there are 4 guys inducted every year. So I guess that does make it "Hall of very good" in your eyes.

Reactions: Yemeth

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
It has been very interesting to see how neutered they are now that they aren't getting away with some of the stuff they were pulling last year. I think they still beat Calgary and Edmonton last year anyway, but it's refreshing to see it backfiring for them now.

And to the above argument, Getzlaf easily makes the HoF. No question

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
It has been very interesting to see how neutered they are now that they aren't getting away with some of the stuff they were pulling last year. I think they still beat Calgary and Edmonton last year anyway, but it's refreshing to see it backfiring for them now.

And to the above argument, Getzlaf easily makes the HoF. No question
Part of the difference is CGY and EDM were retaliating to the Ducks' nonsense. Sharks don't even seem to care.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad