Why are the Ducks of Anaheim so hated on Hockey's Future?

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
There’s no way this is true. Leafs and Bruins tied for number 1 and the Ducks number two followed by a fairly large gap before the next team

Bruins, Philly and Ducks. Especially when the Flyers play the Pens, the amount of hate and venom for their team and fans is astonishing. They are still labelled the Bullies, which is a joke, but reinforces how powerful urban legends can be.

I think most of the "hate" that the Leafs get isn't even directed at the team, but more so at their fan base and the media attention they receive. So they shouldn't really count.

I agree. Any "hate" the Leafs get is counter-balanced by the huge amount of "love" they get in sheer volume. The Leafs and Habs will always be polarizing because they are iconic, but per capita, they aren't overly hated.

Actually, I would place the Oilers 4th. I think many fans resent the Oilers because they received so many 1st overall picks - including the McDavid lottery win - and still haven't lived up to the hype. I see a lot of spears thrown their way and fans love to pile on them when they fail.

SunDevilHockeyFan

Bertuzzi's Italian Kitchen
Feb 1, 2018
Eugene OR / Orange County CA
I think the Bruins run away with the hate title because both our team and our fan base are controversial and fairly obnoxious. Their style of play means a lot of chippy games which means a lot of fans have a bad idea of the bruins, and us B’s fans are far too quick to defend our guys.

I think It’s really similar with the Leafs and people get tired of seeing them.

I really don’t think many people hate the flyers right now, they’ve got Gudas sure but the Ducks have Perry Juice and Kesler, Bruins have Marchand, Penguins win too much and in case you forgot the Bruins have Marchand. Philly fans have the capacity to be just as obnoxious as Bruins fans though so as soon as they win a cup the contest might be blown wide open

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I think the Flyers, Bruins and Ducks are the most hated teams on this board - in that order.
The Flyers? Only if you presume that the Pens' Lunatic Fringe constitutes the majority of folks here. They're incredibly loud and shrill and overbearing, but they aren't a majority - just irritatingly persistent in their nonsense.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I find this thread hilarious. Ducks don't get "Hate" compared to a lot of other teams. They aren't even being talked about and they are in the playoffs.

Last edited:

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Looks at the dirty rats on their team: Kessler, Perry and Ritchie. They are practically Bruins west.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Total respect for Getzlaf as a player playoff beast 100% heart player rest of them can suck a lemon

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I've never seen so much hate and salt from neutral fans toward a non rival team. Go into any GDT on the mainboards when the Ducks are playing and you will find people incessantly *****ing about the team.

I don't really understand it? They are led by one of the more likeable and underrated players in the league in Ryan Getzlaf. Perry can be annoying but I don't see people *****ing about Boston or Calgary (Marchand Tkachuk) all the time here.

What is it?

Getzlaf is likeable? If you're a Ducks fan I suppose.
They have some of the most unlikeable players in the league. Perry, Kesler, Bieksa, Ritchie, even Carlyle is annoying to look at. Not to mention the California lovin' from the refs.

It's not just the Ducks. Lots of people hate the Oilers because of the lottery wins, lots of people hate the Leafs because of a certain portion of their fanbase and the media darling they are.
Lots of people probably hate the Pens because they win a lot etc.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Getzlaf is likeable? If you're a Ducks fan I suppose.
They have some of the most unlikeable players in the league. Perry, Kesler, Bieksa, Ritchie, even Carlyle is annoying to look at. Not to mention the California lovin' from the refs.

It's not just the Ducks. Lots of people hate the Oilers because of the lottery wins, lots of people hate the Leafs because of a certain portion of their fanbase and the media darling they are.
Lots of people probably hate the Pens because they win a lot etc.
People just hate the oilers because you guys suck, even with McDavid

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
I dislike the Ducks and Bruins for the same reason, a long term culture of goonism and playing like rats. Perry and Marchand are the king rats leading the team wide rat movement.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
I dislike the Ducks and Bruins for the same reason, a long term culture of goonism and playing like rats. Perry and Marchand are the king rats leading the team wide rat movement.
Sad looking rat.

BTPDg11.png

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Bruins, Philly and Ducks. Especially when the Flyers play the Pens, the amount of hate and venom for their team and fans is astonishing. They are still labelled the Bullies, which is a joke, but reinforces how powerful urban legends can be.

I agree. Any "hate" the Leafs get is counter-balanced by the huge amount of "love" they get in sheer volume.
The Leafs and Habs will always be polarizing because they are iconic, but per capita, they aren't overly hated.

Actually, I would place the Oilers 4th. I think many fans resent the Oilers because they received so many 1st overall picks - including the McDavid lottery win - and still haven't lived up to the hype. I see a lot of spears thrown their way and fans love to pile on them when they fail.

Huh? We aren't counting "Love" from the fanbase because every team gets that. The Leafs hate BY FAR is #1. Just read any Leaf thread. That game thread last night was unbelievable.
It's really odd fans can't even admit the Leafs get hate.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I think most of the "hate" that the Leafs get isn't even directed at the team, but more so at their fan base and the media attention they receive. So they shouldn't really count.
People hate the team as well. Especially in Canada.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad