Why are the Ducks of Anaheim so hated on Hockey's Future?

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Guess what?

Your team is on pace for as many playoff wins than the team that didn't make the playoffs.

Grats!
giphy.gif

That last few minutes of the game was disgraceful
Classic Ducks. Can't beat'em... Injure'em.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Wouldn't you be sad if you forgot how to skate?
Noone forgets how to skate they either get injured and have to learn how to skate differently or you get out of shape.

I dont even like perry but thats just silly. Legs are so easy to destroy

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Huh? We aren't counting "Love" from the fanbase because every team gets that. The Leafs hate BY FAR is #1. Just read any Leaf thread. That game thread last night was unbelievable.
It's really odd fans can't even admit the Leafs get hate.
It's because the go-to defense for the Leafs lunatic fringe about absolutely anything they have to say is "you're just a hater" and going on and on about how they're so hated and they're so victimized and so on and so forth. They've cried wolf too often.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
Noone forgets how to skate they either get injured and have to learn how to skate differently or you get out of shape.

I dont even like perry but thats just silly. Legs are so easy to destroy

Perry was never a good skater and that was identified when he was drafted. I know he "didn't forget to skate" I am just having fun chirping with that Oilers fan.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Perry was never a good skater and that was identified when he was drafted. I know he "didn't forget to skate" I am just having fun chirping with that Oilers fan.
That's fair . He's lost something but it wasn't forgetting how to skate

LuckyDucky

Mar 18, 2015
Look how adorable he is when kicking a stick.

cropped_perrygetzlaftantrums.gif
It’s funny. The more you post, the more you validate the OP’s post.

On topic, I don’t think the Ducks are the most hate team. With that said, they do get more hate than I think is warranted.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
People hate on Getzlaf because he's a hall of fame player on a rival. Jealousy.
Division rivals HOF/Potential HOF
Kings: Doughty, Kopitar
Oilers: McDavid. Drai idk.
Sharks: Thornton, Marleau
Coyotes: Idk if Doan would be inducted
Knights: Too Early
Canucks: Hank n Dank

I dont see any reason for any team in the division to be jealous of the ducks because Getzlaf is a future HOF player.
Move out west and watch more games, you'd figure this out already.

Ducks on average go 1/4 or 25% caveman on the ducks cavemen scale™ on a game by game basis, lowkey dirty so when it happens to your team you think "meh its whatever".

Ducks went an astounding 4/4 or 100% last night and people see why they are the cavemen like team we think they are. Gross performance last night.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Only reason they aren't more hated is because they are in California. Move the exact team to buffalo area and the eastern conference would freak out.

Dirtiest team by far and they've been that way for as long as I can remember

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada

I dont see any reason for any team in the division to be jealous of the ducks because Getzlaf is a future HOF player.

Ducks on average go 1/4 or 25% caveman on the ducks cavemen scale™ on a game by game basis, lowkey dirty so when it happens to your team you think "meh its whatever".

Ducks went an astounding 4/4 or 100% last night and people see why they are the cavemen like team we think they are. Gross performance last night.

Every post you make is a salt-fest about the Ducks. It's equal parts sad and funny.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007

I am not even convinced he is a future hall of famer. As of right now he wouldn't be and he turns 33 next month. I don't think he has any awards other than 1 cup ring. He still has work to do.

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
I don't hate the Ducks, it's just I want someone to beat the ** out of Kesler every time I see them play

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I am not even convinced he is a future hall of famer. As of right now he wouldn't be and he turns 33 next month. I don't think he has any awards other than 1 cup ring. He still has work to do.
I was trying to be fair giving his weird post a tiny shred of credibility and I agree with you that I should't have.

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
Because they are a dirty team through and through. They do have some likable skill players in Rakell, Kase, Lindholm and Montour.

Some likeable/non-dirty? What about Fowler, Gibson, Silfverberg, Manson, Cogliano, Grant, Brown, Beauchemin, Pettersen, Vermette, Henrique? I would even say Bieksa is not dirty even though he is hated for whatever reason.

Between your list and the additions that should be there there really isn't much dirt apart from Perry, Kesler, and Getzlaf apparently.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Why would Getzlaf be in the HHOF?

Cuz he was a secondary player on the Pronger-Selanne-Niedermeyer cup?

Getzlaf is a good player, but he's not Hall of fame worthy.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Between your list and the additions that should be there there really isn't much dirt apart from Perry, Kesler, and Getzlaf apparently.
And yet those happen to be a face of the franchise. Also you can name 10 players who are nice and all but anyone who saw the ending of game 3 knows how the team as a whole behaves. Just because there are some guys who are an exception to that doesn't change the general impression.

Why would Getzlaf be in the HHOF?

Because he is 0.95 PPG in his NHL career which is 8th among active players?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad