Who's the worst Dman in the league.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
For a guy who gets regular playing time, Hunwick has to be in the running.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Dougie Hamilton has some ugly underlying numbers this year thus far. He is 3rd worst D in league for high danger chances against. And has played secondary or third pairing comp. And in pretty low minutes as well. There is bad underlying numbers and then theres that

It searly on but this guy looks to be falling apart. In the games ive seen hes a train wreck.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
There is no such thing as "the worst NHL d-man"...

Some are marginal. But the bad ones don't last long and are in the AHL or abroad in Europe.

There may not be an objective worst, but not for the reasons your giving. Your answer would explain why the worst professional hockey defenseman isn't in the NHL, but realistically there are relatively bad defensemen in the NHL. There have to be. Not all NHL defensemen are of equal ability, and even if they all had equal peak ability age catches up to some while others are too young to be at their best.

There is certainly a bottom tier of defenders in the league.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
If I was thinking the worst 3 D in the league the first 3 guys that come into my mind would be

1. Gryba
2. Martincin
3. Borowiecki

Although I think those guys only play 8 minutes a night so they can't hurt their team that much.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
Russell wha?

Nurse has been solid too. But if you are lumping in Russell Ill assume youve watched about zero Oiler games

I forgot Russell's entire NHL career is 6 games.

He's been awful for years. A few PDO-driven successful outings doesn't change that. There's a reason he was unsigned until the literal last day before the season.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

He's been awful for years. A few PDO-driven successful outings doesn't change that. There's a reason he was unsigned until the literal last day before the season.
lol @ fancy stats. Such a joke.

Dimensha

Jul 14, 2010
lol @ fancy stats. Such a joke.

If there was ever two solid examples of why advanced stats should only be a tool in evaluating a player and not relied upon to fully inform an opinion, its Russel, who anyone that has watched him can tell you how solid he has been on the Oilers D this year, and Fayne, who has been praised for his advanced stats but anyone who has watched him here can tell you he is a train wreck most nights.

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
There's Dan Girardi and then there's other bad defensemen. He is the measuring stick.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010

Yeah, it's cause he held out for more money than he was worth. It has nothing to do with his on ice ability. Interesting that Dallas would give up as much as they did for the worst Dman in the NHL though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad