Who's the worst Dman in the league.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
We always have great debate about the best of the best on this site but rarely do we talk about those who the game is just too much for. Who do you nominate for this dubious award. Also a name for this award would be nice. I'm not that comfortable with the worst Dman in history. I know people in Toronto alway use Aki Berg but I am sure there have been worse.

Anyway back to my nomination, this year I put forth Matthew Hunwick. While he played a little over his head last year and it showed he has really put on a clinic of suck this year that can rarely be matched.

Who is your nominee?

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Carle has been brutal, but I don't know if he is the worst. Luckily there are some pretty good defensemen ahead of him in Nashville.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Through 7 games, I feel sorry for any team that has a defensemen playing worse than Andrew MacDonald is in Philly.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Overall, or per dollar?

Per dollar has to be Girardi.

Overall... does Cowen count? He's not currently playing, but he's among the worst I've seen. Least hockey IQ or even basic awareness I've witnessed.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Still don't really have a name for the award yet. Can anyone do better than the Aki Berg award?

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Mark Stuart based on skill level, salary and usage. Plus he was resigned a few seasons back when he showed all this and no signs of possible improvement.

great guy though.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Sbisa has to be in the running. Never seen a guy make so many high-risk, low reward plays at this level. The longer he holds onto the puck, the more everyone's heart rate rises until the puck is far away from him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad