Line Combos: Who's out when Frattin, Lupul AND Gardiner come back?

G51 K81*

I'm gonna go off the board here for a second...

Not a huge fan of steckel, but Mclement is being wasted on the 4th line and Grabo isn't suited for checking line duties and wasting offensive prowess...

Lupul-Grabovski-Kessel (When Lupul is up to game speed)
JVR-Kadri-Frattin
Kulemin-Mclement-Komarov (shutdown line)
MacA-Bozak-Brown

I love the dynamic a tough guy brings to the team, but for the playoffs if they can't play, they won't. Pretty sure Carlyle sat Parros during Anaheim's run?

They had Shawn Thornton...

Also your lines are horrid.

Anth93

Jul 2, 2012
Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Kadri - Frattin
MacArthur - Grabo - Kuly
Komarov - McClement - Orr

Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Kostka
Fraser - Franson
Liles

Reimer
Scrivens

*I think putting JVR on the Grabo line would be a sad way to watch a top 5 scorer in the league fall to top 40.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Nonis would be a genius in my books if he could empty the current pressbox crew of Liles, Komisarek and Steckel via trade to make roster space for Lupul, Frattin and Gardiner.

After that, figuring out who fills up the pressbox seats is a secondary concern.

Warrior16

Apr 30, 2010
You can't have 5 guys in press box (btw you missed Steckle) so 6.

You may have to waive up to 3 guys. So who do you risk waiving. That's the point of the thread.

Steckel* and yes I know, just don't see the need for him on this team anymore, and also why i suggested the possibility of trading those extras to reach the 23 man limit, will be interesting once Frattin, Lupul, and Gardiner are playing, a couple of minor roster moves/trades seem imminent in the near future, though I'm sure a couple injuries will unfortunately occur too.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Nonis would be a genius in my books if he could empty the current pressbox crew of Liles, Komisarek and Steckel via trade to make roster space for Lupul, Frattin and Gardiner.

After that, figuring out who fills up the pressbox seats is a secondary concern.

But you can't even add roster players without doing at least some type of 2 for 1 (or better)

So barring trades Holzer goes down if Gardiner comes up, and Steckel and Brown get put on waivers.
Brown maybe gets picked up.

masyo88*

Kessel Bozak Lupul
Kuli Garbs JVR
Frattin Kadri Komarov
Mclaren Mclement Orr

Kostka out for Gardener

DjD4GGR

Jun 15, 2010
Gatineau, Quebec
Joffrey Lupul - Tyler Bozak - Phil Kessel
James Van Riemsdyk - Mikhail Grabovski - Nikolai Kulemin
Clarke MacArthur - Nazem Kadri - Matt Frattin
Leo Komarov - Jay McClement - Colton Orr
extra: Frazer McLaren

Carl Gunnarsson - Dion Phaneuf
Jake Gardiner - Mike Kostka
Mark Fraser - Cody Franson
extra: John-Michael Liles, Mike Komisarek

James Reimer
Ben Scrivens

IMO

This

The Lollipop King

4th Line = all heart
Mar 9, 2008
Canada
I would not mind keeping steckel on the 4th line. That guy has really improved his skating and works hard. He finishes all his hits and is good on the face off as well. I would much rather see Steckel then Brown

sangreale

Feb 21, 2008

You are correct sir!

Badger25

Jul 23, 2012
Toronto
Kulemin is looking like the odd man out. I can see Grabovski and Liles being traded they would fetch good pieces back.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
If it were me...

Kostka,but Carlyle loves him.With the cap dropping we won't be able to sign everyone we need too.Wow,Vancouver sure has a problem with Luongo next year.Wonder how much they will have to pay someone to take him? Franson will get a raise and Komi looks as good as gone.

Kostka and Macarthur and maybe Brown.Weird, we have too much depth yet not enough centers.

darty

Dec 1, 2008
Kulemin is looking like the odd man out. I can see Grabovski and Liles being traded they would fetch good pieces back.

No way. Kulie's a horse and always giving it his full effort and has been very good on the PK this year.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
For everyone listing "Gunnarsson - Phanuef": The days of Phanuef playing right defence is over.

He won't be paired with Gunnar. Try again.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
No matter what someone undeserving is going to be cut. I think this is the time we finally see Komisarek waived... Realistically he's the most undeserving and least likely to be in the line up. I'm not sure if we can send him down with his clause but if they can then i think this is when we finally see it.

Waive Komisarek finally If this can't be done then we will have to waive Orr or Brown. I would hate to do this, they seemed liked by their team mates.

Trade Steckel... maybe for a 6th round pick? Mcclement is twice the player and and extremley important player. He's truly been a great surprise. Steckel is useless, can't even win draws this year.

Send down Holzer - I hate to send down players that deserve to be here, but there's no other choice.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
Kulemin - Grabovski - Macarthur
Van Riemsdyk - Kadri - Frattin
Komorav - Mcclement - Mclaren

Phaneuf - Kostka
Gardiner - Gunnarson
Frazer - Franson

Liles, Brown , Orr

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Kadri - Frattin
Mac - Grabo - Kulemin
Komarov - MccLement - Orr

*There's always gonna be somebody injured with something so this won't be a problem most of the time.

SteveV*

I keep McLaren in there, he is actually a decent player. Good cycle play, goes to the net, creates havoc and obviously...

I sit Steckel, Brown and Kostka or Holzer.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
For everyone listing "Gunnarsson - Phanuef": The days of Phanuef playing right defence is over.

He won't be paired with Gunnar. Try again.

True, but gunnar is the only lefty d that randy has played on the right side this year.

phaneuf-gunnar is a possibility, though i think it might end up like this soon:

Phaneuf - kostka
gardiner - gunnar
Fraser - franson

And with kids Rielly and Holzer in reserve, both liles and komi shoukd be on their way out.

up front, they gotta waive brown.

sangreale

Feb 21, 2008
No way. Kulie's a horse and always giving it his full effort and has been very good on the PK this year.

I am always amazed that people would even dream that RC would get rid of one of the hardest workers on the team and their 4th leading scorer as well. Some people refuse to pay attention. Almost funny.

member 147413

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
Mac - Kadri - Frattin
JVR - Grabo - Kulemin
Komarov - Mcclement - Orr
Steckel, Mclaren

Phaneuf - Holzer
Gardiner - Gunnarson
Fraser - Franson
Kostka

Reimer
Scrivens

Liles traded
Brown waived and claimed
Komi waived

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I think Holzer should be sent down and Steckel traded for a draft choice 7th rounder maybe to the Oilers.

Only 3 players are eligible to be sent down without going through waivers Kadri, Komarov and Holzer,

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2013/02/28/matt_frattin_set_to_return_leafs_depth_alter/

There are three possible players the Leafs can send down, forwards Nazem Kadri and Leo Komarov, or defenceman Korbinian Holzer.

Kadri is the Leafs' leading scorer with 17 points so he's a lock to stay. Komarov has been an everyday player who brings a pesky style that nobody on this team can match. His versatility makes him too valuable to send down. Holzer is an option, but he's been logging top minutes alongside captain Dion Phaneuf. It would send the wrong message to send any of those three down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad