Who's going to be the next coach for the Devils?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
How about Pierre Maguire?

giphy.gif

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Hynes is actually their longest-tenured coach in history which always surprises me (I'm 95% sure anyway.) Although I guess it's not really surprising when they had Lou running things most of the time. Didn't he fire Ftorek like 5 minutes before the 2000 playoffs began?

IMO that team just doesn't have as much talent as people are saying.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Ray Shero doesn't want to fire his coaches. The only coach he fired (Therrien) wasn't his hire, it was Craig Patrick's. Expect him to handle his coaches the same way David Poile does and keep them a long time.

Reactions: Jacob

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Is there anyone halfway decent on Hynes coaching staff ?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
There is no one decent on the coaching staff.

Well too bad because on short notice i don't think there's anyone with a good resume is available . Most well known coaches that don't have headcoaching jobs are assistants right now and teams usually don't like to let assistants take jobs during the year. If Hynes gets fired the most likely solution is an assistant takes over as interim.

Could try Hitch i guess or bring in tank commander Willie D.

awegrzyn

Jun 17, 2014
Peter Deboer or Guy Boucher maybe. Best would be someone like Trotz who loves players. Someone that is like a father more than coach.

Things got too negative. They will probably win tonight. Those players are much better than what they are playing as a whole. This is more of a momentum/confidence/locker room/lack of gelling together/coaching problem right now. Still too early to say, even though I really don't like the way this team was built.

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
Don't think a current assistant like Bylsma is an option. Boucher is out there and he has been somewhat of an "instant impact" type of guy. Scott Stevens is interesting. He has (obvious) history with the organization, has been an assistant and co-head coach at NHL level. Last asst job in Minnesota he reportedly left because he wanted to be closer to his year round home which is in NJ (weird cause I've been told players don't want to be in NJ, yet many seem to stay)... He's currently working at NHLN whos studios are in NJ. Plus his buddy Brodeur is in the front office now. I really have no idea if its viable but interesting name.

Reactions: NinjaKick

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Hynes is actually their longest-tenured coach in history which always surprises me (I'm 95% sure anyway.) Although I guess it's not really surprising when they had Lou running things most of the time. Didn't he fire Ftorek like 5 minutes before the 2000 playoffs began?

IMO that team just doesn't have as much talent as people are saying.

I got a ton of hate for suggesting the Devils were not very good. Apparently it was all injuries and they won the off-season. In my eyes, I see a crappy team

Reactions: SteveH124

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't really understand why people thought the Devils would improve that much. Simmonds and Subban both sucked last season but somehow all that was ignored and both hailed as great aquisitions . Not to mention even if Subban was actually still an elite player. The rest of the defense is really not good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad